COLLIN CO. TRS New TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
There doing radio checks on Collin Co. TRS this afternoon, Specifically on TGID: 848 and Calling it FIRE OP'S: 2 now. They did a check with Fairview Medic and sent audible tones out over the air. So it looks like 848 is now Fire Op's-2 and may become EMS Dispatching. 912 is FIRE OP'S-1.

*Admins, I did submit this to the DB.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
There doing radio checks on Collin Co. TRS this afternoon, Specifically on TGID: 848 and Calling it FIRE OP'S: 2 now. They did a check with Fairview Medic and sent audible tones out over the air. So it looks like 848 is now Fire Op's-2 and may become EMS Dispatching. 912 is FIRE OP'S-1.

*Admins, I did submit this to the DB.

Max that used to be one of the TGRPS the fire marshall used but they then redesignated it as Op's 2. They have used it occasionally as a spill over when Ops 1 is busy. I'll check and see if there are other plans. They may just be adding it to all the fire department radios. Seems like I heard them testing last week with Celina VFD.

SCPD

QRT
Good Deal Mike, Glad my ears were not deceiving me. They were doing a lot of work with tones on it yesterday and both the Radio shop and the Dispatcher were calling it FIRE OPS-2. Man, Collin County love the word "OPS" in their radio system .... I submitted a Change to the DB after checking and not seeing one already in use.

Thanks again Mike!

Speaking of Changes, I have two Counties who have REALLY changed. But the data is too big to type in the submission box, One of you admins have an Email address I can mail it to? I have it in both PDF and MS Excel.

Thanks Admins!

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
Okay here's the poop.

Due to increased activity CCSO is using the new FIRE OPS 2 as a back-up to the FIRE OPS talkgroup. Currently that talkgroup is known as just FIRE OPS but they are already referring to it as FIRE OPS 1 so that will probably change in the radios soon. (The DB currently lists this talkgroup as Fire Dispatch but it's actually officially known as FIRE OPS)

All the radio testing is to reprogram the various VFD's with tone-out and communciation capability on the new FIRE OPS 2.

On a side note, CCSO is now responsible for paging out Celina EMS for EMS responses to the City of Gunter in Grayson Co. Gunter has their own VFD so depending on the incident you will now have CCSO dispatching EMS and Grayson Co paging Gunter VFD to the same call. Previous to this all EMS related calls to Gunter were made by Van Alstyne FD via Grayson SO.

Status
Not open for further replies.