Collin County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkTex

KA5AAA
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I'll keep it on anyways, never know when they'll use it.

AMR Collin has better traffic on 453.0750 than they do the TRS.

I wonder what the reasoning is behind them using 453.0750 over the TRS. I'd think it would make sense to be able to use Interop TG's and have your own TG on the same system for ease of use.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
On the control channel thing ... I believe we are marking all channels as primary control channels on Harris (type) systems where any channel can be the control channel. On Motorola's we'll keep marking primary and alternate as long as that system doesn't regularly roll. PAWM, for example has in the past rolled their control channel, though I haven't seen it lately and I haven't seen it on the County side.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
On the control channel thing ... I believe we are marking all channels as primary control channels on Harris (type) systems where any channel can be the control channel. On Motorola's we'll keep marking primary and alternate as long as that system doesn't regularly roll. PAWM, for example has in the past rolled their control channel, though I haven't seen it lately and I haven't seen it on the County side.

I thought the new direction was to just show them as a control channel with no distinction between primary or alternate. But I'm not a database admin so I could be wrong.

Stephen

There may be increased activity on the Collin County sites, as in the next few weeks the original PAWM users are going to be going through reprogramming to add in the new county sites and talk groups. I would expect to see a increase of Plano talk groups on county sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.