Collin County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
I've been logging all CCSO P25 voice traffic since it's been online. I've got 37 recordings from 1303 for Nov 4th, ranging from 16:47 to 18:52. It was all 100% training, with fictitious locations. There was not one agency identifier specified in any of the recordings. I do miss some transmissions due to a Trunk Recorder bug that deletes some calls that are reported as being too short to save, which is false.. haven't had the time to investigate why this is happening.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've been logging all CCSO P25 voice traffic since it's been online. I've got 37 recordings from 1303 for Nov 4th, ranging from 16:47 to 18:52. It was all 100% training, with fictitious locations. There was not one agency identifier specified in any of the recordings. I do miss some transmissions due to a Trunk Recorder bug that deletes some calls that are reported as being too short to save, which is false.. haven't had the time to investigate why this is happening.

Have you thought about sending it up to Broadcastify Calls?

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
I have thought about it, but I'd really like to get the TR recording bugs worked out before committing. I'm using a single Raspberry Pi4 for CCSO and PAWM. The PAWM system is limited to my city's traffic(four recorders), and CCSO(two recorders at most concurrently) is logging everything. It's not too taxing due to the low traffic on CCSO. I'm going to need a stand alone setup when CCSO goes live, but I'd like to get an Airspy mini as well to keep it as a single device setup. I'll definitely keep it in mind though for CCSO.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I received two more confirmed talkgroups on the system today (thanks to the Radio Techs announcing the channel during their test).

1168 - Sheriff Dispatch 1
1243 - Fire Dispatch/Ops 2 Backup

I went ahead and submitted the five confirmed talkgroups to RRDB, so they will be available for others that aren't paying attention to the Wiki.

I hope the radio techs give us some more breadcrumbs in the coming days so we can have a more complete list by the time the system goes live.

Attachments

• TG 1168 and 1243 Idents.zip
    34.9 KB · Views: 16

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Today marked a successful day, as 13 new talkgroups were identified by the radio techs (by way of testing them and announcing the group name during the testing), not counting the 6 confirmed encrypted groups.

I've updated the Wiki accordingly, and have also submitted these "confirmed" groups to RRDB for inclusion. Once the system goes "live" I'll clean up all of the identified talkgroups from the Unidentified page on the Wiki, but am leaving the "confirmed" ones there for now. With any luck the radio techs will identify most of the talkgroups before going live so we start with an almost complete list.

TexTAC

I really appreciate people like you who continuously update the database information. I live in the DFW area and the systems in my area seem to get updated and more accurate every week. Many thanks. Your efforts are helping others.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
One of the radio techs was identifying talkgroups again today, and got 6 more positively identified (Wiki Updated, RRDB Update submitted).

I do have one that I'm not certain on, it sounds like on Talkgroup 1246 they're saying "FD LV", but that abbreviation escapes me, or am I hearing it wrong?

Attachments

• Collin_County_P25_Simulcast_TRAFFIC__TO_1246.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 9

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
One of the radio techs was identifying talkgroups again today, and got 6 more positively identified (Wiki Updated, RRDB Update submitted).

I do have one that I'm not certain on, it sounds like on Talkgroup 1246 they're saying "FD LV", but that abbreviation escapes me, or am I hearing it wrong?
Sounds like 'LV' to me as well.
Wonder if that is basically an abbreviation for Lavon?

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I would think Lavon would possibly have more than one channel. Anna is getting 3 (1247-1249 confirmed today), 1245 is the "Page" channel. And if the incidental users are any sign (until we get confirmation of the talkgroups), Lavon should be somewhere around 1267 or so, since they appear to likely be in alphabetical order.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I don't know the area very well, but to me it sounds like "FD LZ", so possibly "Fire Department Landing Zone", for landing EMS helos. Just one other possibility to consider.
Ben

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I don't know the area very well, but to me it sounds like "FD LZ", so possibly "Fire Department Landing Zone", for landing EMS helos. Just one other possibility to consider.
Ben
Very well could be. I heard on the analog system tonight Melissa and Anna coordinating a EMS Helo LZ on one of their fireground channels.

There was no additional testing today, so lets hope for more next week. There's a lot more talkgroups to be identified, and if the Radio Techs continue to help us out with their radio tests, we'll be more than ready for listening when the system goes live.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ben
After listening to the clip a couple of more times, I think the dispatcher might be talking to a specific unit. I hear 'CCSO' (Collin County Sheriffs Office), '??" (a couple of muffled words, might be "F D" or maybe something else), then the 'L V" or 'LZ' , then "on portable", meaning whoever it is will be out in the field instead of at a fixed, possibly station, location.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
After listening to the clip a couple of more times, I think the dispatcher might be talking to a specific unit. I hear 'CCSO' (Collin County Sheriffs Office), '??" (a couple of muffled words, might be "F D" or maybe something else), then the 'L V" or 'LZ' , then "on portable", meaning whoever it is will be out in the field instead of at a fixed, possibly station, location.
Believe me, before I posted the request for assistance I listened several times. The person speaking is one of the Radio Techs, who was alternating between this handheld (7606420) and one of the dispatch consoles (1606), the message is:
Collin County Radio Tech said:
CCSO FD LV on portable at 14:12
The tech was doing the same across a number of talkgroups, with the previously identified ones being called out along with the 6 that were not previously identified (which are live on RRDB as of this AM).

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Heard a Celina Fire Chief testing MedCom on 1293 today, don't know if that is exclusive to Celina or if its Countywide, so I won't be submitting it to RRDB yet.

Stephen

It might be the same Medcom channels that are ran out of Medical City Plano communications for patient reporting. Most all fire departments in the area use it to report in bound status for MCP as well as many other hospitals and the radio operators out of MCP then notify medical staff or the appropriate hospital that they are enroute to.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
It might be the same Medcom channels that are ran out of Medical City Plano communications for patient reporting. Most all fire departments in the area use it to report in bound status for MCP as well as many other hospitals and the radio operators out of MCP then notify medical staff or the appropriate hospital that they are enroute to.
My comments about it being MedCom is just to let others know, since the system is still in test and I don't know what hospital(s) will be answering the call. Not all services are running through MCP, I know Frisco and Plano do, but Plano also goes to Plano Presby. and many of the users on the Fort Worth and Denton County systems hit multiple hospitals.

Collin County already sends a lot of patients to Medical City McKinney, so they may be putting a MedCom console there instead of routing radio comms to MCP. Since they currently don't have a MedCom channel on the outgoing Motorola system, unless you;re a Medic for the County its hard to say where the patient care reports are currently being sent (likely by cell phone)

Stephen

I never stated that Plano only uses MCP, they use about 6 different hospitals on a regular basis. Medcom is a channel that they use for patient reporting, a communications operator who runs a console at MCP takes the report and alerts whatever hospital they are enroute to about that patient.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I never stated that Plano only uses MCP, they use about 6 different hospitals on a regular basis. Medcom is a channel that they use for patient reporting, a communications operator who runs a console at MCP takes the report and alerts whatever hospital they are enroute to about that patient.
If you look at the Plano System, you will see there is there is two MedCom channels:
MedCom.png
Granted, MCP gets the brunt of the calls but Presby does get their share. Frisco still lists channel assignments in the RRDB for a couple of other Hospital MedCom's but the MCP channel is the only one I've logged as active.

MedCom on the Collin County site was active tonight with a couple of actual calls, both from Celina. The Hospital has a standard Radio ID "7608300", and not the console IDs that is normally seen on PAWM and Frisco, so I'm not sure if the console has been updated yet, or if there's something else afoot. Still unsure what hospital is answering this new MedCom. [Live edit: As I am typing this a unit accidentally keyed up and the hospital responded "MCP MedCom", so we now know which hospital, now just have to identify if this is Celina only or Countywide].

Stephen

Yes there are two channels, though the Presby channel is rarely used. In the Presby hospital they have a radio of which is normally listening to the MCP Medcom channel, though primarily get their incoming info from MCP medcom by phone or computer. due to the fact they do not have a dedicated radio room/operator like MCP.

VictorXray

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
As Stephen mentioned, Plano Fire has only one Medcom which is at MCP. Channel 7 is used for patient reports to MCP and all other hospitals, except Presbyterian. Channel 8 is used for patient reports going to Presby; however, it is still MCP Medcom who takes the report and forwards it by phone. Presby ER has a radio tuned to Channel 8, but it is receive-only, they do not transmit.

Status
Not open for further replies.