Collin County TX Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghoxie

Anyone here in Collin County with a Uniden scanner having any luck scanning? I see they have 4 priority channels in RR. I cannot figure out which one to use to get traffic. BTW, I am using a BCT-8 and ScanControl SW

Any help appreciated
George, N0JRJ

n5ims

Anyone here in Collin County with a Uniden scanner having any luck scanning? I see they have 4 priority channels in RR. I cannot figure out which one to use to get traffic. BTW, I am using a BCT-8 and ScanControl SW

Any help appreciated
George, N0JRJ

Are you talking about this system (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=15)? If so there are a few things that may be causing you issues.

First off, they have rebanded (Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki) so you'll need to take the steps to make sure your scanner will work with those types of systems (possibly a firmware update and definitely program in the rebanding trunking table). If you don't do these, when the system says to move to channel xxx your scanner will go to the old definition of that channel, not the new one so you won't pick up the traffic.

Second, the frequencies in red are control channels, not priority channels. The system may rotate among them so you should program them all in so when they change you're not left out. The system will need to be programmed as a Motorola Type II system (see your scanner or software's manual for specifics on how). Programming it as conventional channels will bring you just digital noise on the control channel in use and random traffic on the rest of the channels.

This article in the RR WIKI (Trunked Radio Systems - The RadioReference Wiki) can help you better understand trunking systems. Good luck!

ghoxie

I got it. After you upgrade the firmware you must manually enter the new band plan for Band 1 and 2 as shown on the uniden programming page for the BCT8

Thanks for the help!!!

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Are you programming by hand or using ScanControl? ScanControl can't set the custom tables for rebanding if I remember correctly, so I wouldn't use that.

You may have other problems, but SC is probably your main problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.