Colo Spgs FD Truck 51?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio

Premium Subscriber
During the North Gate house fire this morning, I heard Truck 51 running calls in the city on the CSFD TG 4620 Primary. Could that have been the Air Force Academy Truck 2131 transferred into the city but using Truck 51 so it would be confused with CSFD E 21?

dw2872

It could have also been a Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station truck. I heard them say on their Air Force trunked radio system that they were headed to a medical call in the city during that time.

FDs from the 4 Air Force bases ran calls for accidents, medical, and other calls in the city during the recent Waldo Canyon and Black Forest fires.

I was going to listen to the archives to see if I could hear what you heard about Truck 51 but it seems like the feed was locked into CSFD-4 so didn't hear the dispatch channel. My scanner was also locked onto 4 at that time.

radio

Premium Subscriber
As for the Truck 51 question, later that afternoon I heard Cimmaron Hills Truck 1331 on CSFD Primary as Truck 51 clear its transfer to CSFD 17 and switch to EPCFD Red and return to their quarters.

Last edited:

dw2872

Where did the number 51 come from? Is that what you heard a truck identify themselves as? I can't imagine Cimmaron Hills calling themselves that. Falcon has a 351.

radio

Premium Subscriber
That was a mystery to me too considering when Cimmaron Hills runs calls with the city all the time on the Powers Blvd corridor and go on the CSFD radio as Cimmaron Hills 13xx and CSFD dispatchers call them the same.

eemsaftb

Premium Subscriber
When outside agencies move into CSFD to cover for the city they assign them these alias. These alias are built into CSFD CAD to facilitate unit based dispatching, etc.......!

eemsaftb

Premium Subscriber
This occurred again today as Cimarron Hills moved an engine into the city to cover during a structure fire!

smallsl5

CSFD T51

eemsaftb is correct. CSFD uses those engine and truck numbers for outside agencies when they ask them for move up companies in the city. It starts at 51 and goes up from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.