SDS100/SDS200: Color code and no audio ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I notice with my SDS100 Scanner when scanning through frequencies or doing searches, there are a lot of frequencies that my scanner stops on and a color code will show up but no audio is on the frequency, what are some of the reasons for this to happen, are they bogus or legitimate digital systems.
Steve

ScubaJungle

If it is a control/rest channel, it will stop, show color code as well as other info, and then when someone transmits, a TG will appear (even if it is encrypted, it will still show for a second). Its definitely a rest channel you're stopping on. This is a good way to log frequencies though!

Saint

Premium Subscriber
If it is a control/rest channel, it will stop, show color code as well as other info, and then when someone transmits, a TG will appear (even if it is encrypted, it will still show for a second). Its definitely a rest channel you're stopping on. This is a good way to log frequencies though!
Yes I have been watching this very carefully for about 15 minutes and on some frequencies it comes up DMR, CON+ and others, I'll keep an eye on this and if I have nothing in my frequency list on this frequency I will make sure to log the info on these frequencies and see if some of these frequencies belong to Digital systems.
Thanks for the information on this it will help me trying to figure out these frequencies.
Steve

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Yes I have been watching this very carefully for about 15 minutes and on some frequencies it comes up DMR, CON+ and others, I'll keep an eye on this and if I have nothing in my frequency list on this frequency I will make sure to log the info on these frequencies and see if some of these frequencies belong to Digital systems.
Thanks for the information on this it will help me trying to figure out these frequencies.
Steve

You can look at the FCC database, do a frequency search, and see what licensed businesses are near you. Click on the license, check other frequencies listed and make a MotoTRBO Trunk system. Leave the Color Code and RAN in search mode, run Analyze and it should populate the LCN's. Import into Sentinel, save the new system you created and it will give you a start. These usually take some detective work over a few days depending on how busy it is. In the Option screen of the System, make sure it's in ID Search. Submit your findings to the database. Alot of tedious work, but once you program a few of these, you'll get the hang of it.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
You can look at the FCC database, do a frequency search, and see what licensed businesses are near you. Click on the license, check other frequencies listed and make a MotoTRBO Trunk system. Leave the Color Code and RAN in search mode, run Analyze and it should populate the LCN's. Import into Sentinel, save the new system you created and it will give you a start. These usually take some detective work over a few days depending on how busy it is. In the Option screen of the System, make sure it's in ID Search. Submit your findings to the database. Alot of tedious work, but once you program a few of these, you'll get the hang of it.
OK thanks for the info I left my scanner logging last night for 8 hours and I have found some new conventional frequencies and A couple with slot, color code and name of system, so I will do some detective work and try and make sense with this info, I have 70 file to go through with the information that was logged. I cut and pasted your information into a .txt file so I can do the detective work and I don't forget. Any information I find I will submit to RR.
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I just noticed you're in Canada so might inquire in a local forum.
OK, You provided all the information I need, I live just across the border from Buffalo NY in Fort Erie Ontario so I pickup a lot of frequencies and digital system from Western NY, when I do searches I use the FCC web site, RadioReference, And two search sites for Canada FOR frequencies and also check my list of frequencies.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.