Color Country Interagency Fire Center- Dakota Hills Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmbrowning

We were politely asked by Kane County Sheriffs Dept to leave our cabin of the North Fork Road on Thursday because of the Dakota Hills Complex Zion 3 (now East) fire. After finding a place to stay in Cedar City, I was able to reprogram the IC-V8 and get a twin-lead antenna up to scan for fire related activity.

I heard some minimal Color Country dispatch activity on the BLM Bumble Bee repeater on Friday, but not much else. I am not sure if this just reflected the small size of the Type 3 response team or if there are other repeaters being used.

Dixie Natl Forest freqs were in use regarding communications for the North Fork road closure by Teah campground and regarding a motor vehicle vs. deer on the day of the Duck Creek Village chili contest.

I tried searching this thread for the linked to the shared frequencies for south zone, but the link has been taken off of the web and archive.org lists it as not having been cataloged.

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10178&highlight=color+country

I guess I can call the Cedar City office to see if they can email it to me.

Any further information on Color Country fire frequencies would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, please pray for the safety of the firefighters and for cooler wet weather (without any more lightning).

Status
Not open for further replies.