Color of light in 396T Can It be changed ? need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc8i

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a nice 396T handheld scanner and I just dont like the blue light in it, I cant see because my eyes are not that good, and my question is can I change it to amber or something, I have read the maual and it does not say anything and have e mail uniden company also, with no responce yet, I love the radio and its features but, just cant see it good, can someone e mail me and let me no if there is something im missing here, to get the light changed, if not im going to half to sell it and try to recope some of my money, please e mail me direct if you will e mail me at nbohioham@yahoo.com thanks to all for helping and god bless. Bill

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Light

I purchased a nice 396T handheld scanner and I just dont like the blue light in it, I cant see because my eyes are not that good, and my question is can I change it to amber or something, I have read the maual and it does not say anything and have e mail uniden company also, with no responce yet, I love the radio and its features but, just cant see it good, can someone e mail me and let me no if there is something im missing here, to get the light changed, if not im going to half to sell it and try to recope some of my money, please e mail me direct if you will e mail me at nbohioham@yahoo.com thanks to all for helping and god bless. Bill

:(Sorry to say Bill the light on the 396t can't be changed, on the 396 XT you can change the back light to several different colors, I went through the same thing when I got my 396t I hate the blue light an wished I could change it to another color. Also email was sent to Bill.
Steve

MarkWestin

It is possible to change the LEDs out for another color, but it is not a do it yourself job unless you have training in soldering micro miniature components. Since the blue LEDs require a different voltage and or current than most other color LEDs, the corresponding resistors also would have to be changed. It probably would not be cost effective to make the change. If you were to sell your 396T, the difference in cost to buy a new 396XT would be about the same amount of money as the LED swap would cost.

Mark

acetech

As was posted those are blue leds and cannot be set to different colors like the ones in the bcd396xt. the xt has rgb leds. Kinda wish they used them for the keyboard also. as far as I know the blue leds in the 396t are supposed to be more expensive and better then the standard orange ones. I have a br330t with the orange and I actually like the blue ones on the bcd396t better. Everyone has there own taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.