Colorado DTRS with Unidens new software

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathancarlson

I have been looking at the Uniden HP536 since it was announced. I downloaded the Sentenial software, to check it out. I am used to GRE scanners, so the quick keys are something new, but I am trying to get an understanding of it. When I tried to create a favorite list, it would put ALL of the DTRS sites in. Is there a way to delete them? I also want to only have the control channels, and not all the alternates. Do I need to go through each site in each favorite list I create and disable the sites I don't want?

I watched several youtube videos, especially those made by UPMAN. It seemed that the systems in Texas he was using for his favorite lists were easier to break down. I just can't figure out how to get the DTRS to cooperate. I don't know if I should have one favorite list and use quick keys to narrow down the jurisdictions, or if I should make a favorite list for each county and just delete all the other stuff I don't want.

I was hoping to get my favorite lists in the program, and be able to take time doing it before I get the scanner.

My plan was to have a favorite list for each county I want to monitor, and then use the quick keys to narrow those down to each category. For example, I would have Favorite list 1 Boulder County, then have "Department quick keys" so I could turn on and off cities (Longmont, Boulder City, Boulder County, ect) and then make it similar in my favorite lists for other counties, so I could easily turn stuff on and off. Is this possible?

Would I be better off creating my own favorite lists from scratch, and copy and pasting the control channels and talkgroups I want? Its nice having all of those there, but it seems to be "all or nothing" with the exception of disabling all the other control channels.

I also noticed that there is an option for GPS connection. Would it be basically ready to go if I were to just plug in the GPS and set it up for location based, and have good results picking up the areas I want as I drive?

It seems like this is a very good scanner, and I am hoping it will allow more customizing than the Pro-106 that I have right now. I only have 20 "scan lists" on my 106, and I only have four counties programmed into that Vscan file, so that I can narrow down what I hear. Most of the time I want primary channels, but sometimes I will want to have the car to car or tac channels just a button push away. I was hoping quick keys would fix that for me. Am I wrong about that assumption?

Thanks in advance!

WaveRunner

Hi Nathan,
I have the 436HP and you can delete freqs via the software or the radio itself. You can copy things over from the RR database list with the software instead of trying to do it all by hand and then sort them as you wish. If you copy things from DTRS, all the towers are automatically copied over too. I have had it for about 2 weeks and I am still trying to learn all the bells and whistles. Granted I only get to mess with it for about an hour or two a day.

nathancarlson

Thanks, Steve! I will mess with the software some more. I am hoping to get it all figured out by the time I have the money together to order it.

Would you suggest multiple favorite lists, or just make one big favorite lists and use the quick keys to separate the agencies as I wish?

WaveRunner

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.3; SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.114 Mobile Safari/537.36)

That's the same thing I was hoping to do before mine got here. Didn't quite work out that way. I would say its a matter of personal preference as far as the favorites. I put all mine in separate favorite lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.