Colorado forest fire frequencies - La Plata & San Miguel Counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcfarkey

Premium Subscriber
Hello!
I live in Durango, CO and we now have a new fire west of Silverton, CO near me and I would love to get the frequencies for ground and air if possible.
I'm a newbie to this.

Thank you kindly!!

Mcfarkey

Premium Subscriber
Wow - #IceFire - Grown to 320 acres from 3o this afternoon. I need to listen please! San Juan National Forest Frequencies Too!

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
For the Ice fire start with the air attack frequency of 127.375 am and then listen for other frequencies given out for air to ground, etc.
For the San Juan Nat’l forest frequencies you’ll have to go into the database here on Radio Reference, go to “Database”, then Colorado, then on the right side of the page in the “yellow” box select Colorado Federal, then scroll down thru list to SanJaun National Forest.
Also put these frequencies in:
168.65 nfm for aircraft flight following
168.625 nfm for aircraft air guard
123.975 am or 123.925 am for air tanker base
122.975 am is sometimes rotary wing air to air
168.55 nfm smokejumper aircraft
Good luck and let us know what you hear, and post your frequencies for others.
73, Rex

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Grand Junction feed is number 1 at Broadcastify presently - Oct 22 2020 815 am edt

371 353 talking about fire ops before it gets too windy - on Golf Course Rd then to columbine 34th near Three Lakes Water - maybe on the Ops 3 TG (it was mentioned) - is this related? not seeing any news storys about a fire in grand junction

spot fires near homes now - 822 am edt

this is grand lake colorado apparently per Three Lakes Water & Sanitation

update - seems I am hearing an entirely different fire than the Ice fire - no fire is shown on the Google Map at Grand Lake - nor at Silverton - ????

update 2 - must be the East Troublesome Fire - - in Grand County

Last edited:

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Hello!
I live in Durango, CO and we now have a new fire west of Silverton, CO near me and I would love to get the frequencies for ground and air if possible.
I'm a newbie to this.

Thank you kindly!!
Sorry that I just read your post and the fire is now out. What scanner do you have? I cane send you a hpe file that you could import into your Uniden scanner, if you have the SDS100, SDS200, BCD436HP, or BCD539HP. Most, if not all, of the freqs in my scanner files are found in the RR database.

My email is rkbuxton@comcast.net if you'd like to contact me directly.

-Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.