Colorado forum Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

marileau

roll call reply

Hey there, my name is marileau from northdenver and I listen to westminster/arvada most of the time. I must tell you how important this site RR is to me. Untill I was able to listen "first hand" the danger and the amount of calls our law enforcements handle, one cannot understand the magnitude of the life of our law enforcement. Thank you RR for this opportunity and thank you feed providers for allowing me to step into a world beyond description. The degree of respect toward the couragous and commitment of the law enforcement has grown tremendously since being on this site, for me and my surrounding neighbors. We have listened in the weee hours and because of what we hear, we are not as afraid as in the past. Knowledge is a good thing, even for this 61 year older lady. Thank you. marileau

Clint106user

Greetings from Fountain, CO. My name is Clint and I listen to Colorado State Patrol, Fort Carson Army Base, my local FD, Lincoln County, Mutual Aid, and a few Others. Interesting to hear the Lincoln county automated dispatch sounds like a GPS voice. Nice to meet any users and add as friends. I am using the PRO-106 for monitoring fun. Actually makes me want to get "into" the dispatching field of service.

Clint

Last edited:
Howdy yall, I'm Levi I have a scanner cat. no. 20-315 pro-82. It's a generic scanner from radio shack. I've tried to manually program it several times and got nothing. Anybody got pointers or advice? I live in Colorado springs.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Howdy yall, I'm Levi I have a scanner cat. no. 20-315 pro-82. It's a generic scanner from radio shack. I've tried to manually program it several times and got nothing. Anybody got pointers or advice? I live in Colorado springs.

Levi, Your Pro-82 will not cover the radio system (DTRS) that Colorado Springs and El Paso County is on.

You may be able to enjoy listening to a little aircraft and conventional VHF freqs but those are pretty far between these days.

JIm<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Greetings from Fountain, CO. My name is Clint and I listen to Colorado State Patrol, Fort Carson Army Base, my local FD, Lincoln County, Mutual Aid, and a few Others. Interesting to hear the Lincoln county automated dispatch sounds like a GPS voice. Nice to meet any users and add as friends. I am using the PRO-106 for monitoring fun. Actually makes me want to get "into" the dispatching field of service.

Clint

Hi Clint and welcome. Lincoln County uses a Lola type automated voice also or are you possibly hearing Metcom or West Metro?

Jim<

durangoGreg

New to Group and need some help

Hi all, My name is Greg and I live in the Durango area. In fact I am very close to the Missionary Ridge 2-014 DTRS station.

I have an old Bearcat model BC - 780 XLT scanner that I haven't used in years and I am trying to set it up for my area. So far I can't get anything but the NOAA weather alert station.

I am trying to program it for the DTRS system but I am not having much success. I have been using the frequencies in the trunk system specified by the RadioReference database but I am unsure as to the type of trunk system the DTRS system is. Is it a type II Motorola system or is it an LTR system. I have it set to Motorola Type II system and I think it realizes which freq. is the control channel as in trunk tracking scan mode it lingers on the control frequency but I never get any activity.

My signal meter reads 4 to 5 bars and I am well within range of the repeater tower.

Can anyone help me to get started? Or is there a better place to post newbie issues?

Thanks

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Welcome to the group Greg! The DTRS is a Digital radio system, and unfortunately your BC-780 can not decode P25 signals. You will need to purchase a new radio that has the ability to monitor P25.

Use the search option in the Colorado forum for which scanners work in Colorado. Good luck.

durangoGreg

Thank you for the information.

After I did a little more research I realized that I the P25 system was digital and required a digital radio. For now I am using 5-0 Radio on an ipad and receiving a lot of DTRS Audio feeds from other areas. Unfortunately Durango PD is not available yet as an audio feed.

KB9LMJ

Travis here-

Live in Aurora and mostly casually monitor. I was out of the hobby for a couple years and just now got back into it and have an interest in Milair. I found a great thread from 2007 on Colorado Milair, but all of the sudden it just stopped! Are there any other threads on-going for Colorado Milair?

Thanks!

polymorph7

Hello. Back from the dead - literally :) From 4 years ago, and almost 3 of them in hospitals. Sigh. Not only with My original AOR AR-1000, but a brand spanking 4 year old (New) PRO-97 purchased just before the first of five open hearts! Hahahahahaha....

And now told the PRO-97 can't do anything :) Can't win for losing :)

Originally programmed by RS 4 years ago with frequencies, like Arapahoe's that no longer seem to exist.... Couldn't figure out why the programmed lakewood/wheat ridge and denver frequencies seemed to work, but not trunk or show call tags. Read up a bit and found out.why not, heh.

So just made all those frequencies fm not ed and now it scans and gives Me stuff. Better than nothing.

I was a bit active here 4 years ago, but doubt anyone would remember me. Not very mobile anymore, so it is just me, this 12 year old desktop and my 2 scanner radios! Have I bored you all enough yet?

Ok, I'll give you all a break and go back to listening to my trunkless scanner frequencies :) Someone told me I should get the new PRO 106 and just trash the PRO-97. But I think that the PRO-97 will still work - hell, even the old AR-1000 still scans. Besides, should I get a PRO-106 that is already 2 years old? Or wait for something new to come out or my next operation??

Hahahahahaha

polymorph7

Wow! Now that is a trip, for anyone to remember Me from so long ago :) Well, those operations were only the tip of the iceberg - and they lopped that off as another set of them :)

But I am here, in cyberspace anyways - can't get around much any other place :) So, now I have a PRO-97 but can't trunk Denver public safety and Lakewood/Wheat Ridge. But I can still hear them, just not trunked. Can't see why anyone would tell me to get rid of it.... Although a PRO-106 might be nice - unless there is something new coming around the corner....

Anyways, thanks for the shout - I appreciate it.

WomanOfHeart

Hello, everyone! My name is Katja, and I'm such a newb that I don't even own a scanner. I've only listened online, starting a long time ago with the feeds I could find on Live365. When I was a kid, my dad was an air traffic controller and we used to sit outside of our local airport and listen to the controllers on his portable scanner. We had such a great time!

GeddyLeeFan

Hi Clint! I have a Pro 2096. Can you tell me what you are able to listen to for Ft. Carson please? Before everything went digital, I was able to hear FD and Butts Airfield (not much excitement there). I'd like to hear FD and the MPs and whatever else you have! Thank you!

Clint

cfn

Craig in FTC here. No scanner currently, my last scanner had crystals if that gives you a clue how long ago it was. Planning on a Uniden BCD 996XT soon. Formerly worked FD/LE/EMS. Miss it all. Plan to monitor Larimer CO and helicopter EMS if I can.

Are ther retail sites in Denver/Front Range metro area where the salespeople are knowledgeable and can assist a buyer with tech questions, etc? Would rather do business with them as opposed to sending my $$$ into cyberspace.

blkjack

Hey all fellow Coloradoan's My name is Wayne I live in Sanford in the SLV. I have been listening to scanners since I was born my parents had and old Bearcat III and then was able to upgrade to the programable one when the came about. My first scanner was a BC80XLT that I spent all summer long when I was 14 mowing lawn to be able to afford. When I was able to get my license and was buying my first truck I purchased a BC350A. When I turned 18 (the exact day) I turned in my application for the local vol. FD and have been a member since. When digital trunking came about I thought my world was over and how was I going to be able to monitor what was happening, luckily the VFD was able to get us all handheld radios that I was able to pickup CSP, local SO's and PD's so life was good. Then scanners became more affordable and I purchased a PRO2096 and just recently a PRO 106. I also enjoy CB's on the SSB messing around with them some and am looking at getting my amature liscense and seeing where it goes from there. Thank you all for listening to my rambling and look forward to talking with you all.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Craig in FTC here. No scanner currently, my last scanner had crystals if that gives you a clue how long ago it was. Planning on a Uniden BCD 996XT soon. Formerly worked FD/LE/EMS. Miss it all. Plan to monitor Larimer CO and helicopter EMS if I can.

Are ther retail sites in Denver/Front Range metro area where the salespeople are knowledgeable and can assist a buyer with tech questions, etc? Would rather do business with them as opposed to sending my $$$ into cyberspace.

If your interested in a RS radio, I can help you out! =)

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber
Tim from Highlands Ranch here. I recently picked up an HP-1 after having been away from scanners for about 15 years, and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I'd forgotten how relaxing it was and look forward to taking every opportunity to listen in. Forced relaxation is always a good thing!

I've actually been around scanners on/off since the mid-70's when my dad picked up a used Bearcat III for $25. He installed it in the car and he and my brothers and I spent just a few Friday/Saturday nights chasing the police around. It was a lot of fun and needless to say, I've been hooked ever since.

I have much to learn and plan to subscribe to RR in order to take full advantage of the websites offerings. I'll make use of the search feature as much as possible and post when necessary. Looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.