Colorado forum Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

K0RUSinCO

Hello from Littleton!

Been lurking awhile, thought it was time to start posting.

So, I'm a ham (General class who needs to get Extra) since 1993, and have used scanners longer than that, starting with a Uniden BC200XLT, then a Radio Shack Pro-26. Didn't bother with trunking until I moved to the Denver area in 2000, then when the Texas convicts escaped in 2003? and the family was out of town, I went out and bought a 780XLT to listen in to the hunt. However, being in Douglas County and not being able to listen to the DTRS as it was deployed, I let that unit go not long later.

Anyway, I recently got a BCD-436HP to play with and am loving it!

I've also been a Linux guy since about 1993, so very early, and use nothing but at my house except for one dual-boot box that has been running Win7 more lately to run the scanner software.

I also have a Kenwood HF rig with a fan dipole in the back (no covenants!) that I do a lot of HF digital work on, some voice, and also record a Voice of America digital broadcast called Radiogram every week, you can see those recordings on my "k0rusham" Youtube channel should you be interested.

Next up is playing with DMR (talking as well as monitoring) via the Tytera MD-380 that just came in the mail. And continuing to play with the RTL SDR dongle I've had for awhile, though that may magically turn into an SDRplay soon.

Looking forward to talking to you all!

SCPD

QRT
Hi Guys !.... :)

Lauri here...in the Arkansas Valley... a roll call??..that's cool... hey, count me in, too....

........................CF

Jjthompson

Premium Subscriber
Larimer County

Hi everyone. I am trying to pick up the feed from Larimer County Parks channels 1&2. I have BC 760 xlt, but am not able to pick up anything except some airport traffic. I have programmed in the frequencies, but nothing. I'm located in Fort Collins. Someone used to broadcast Larimer Co Parks along with a some LC LE,but that feed was discontinued. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
LC Parks

The TG's I hear them on is LC 1-- 9158 & LC 2-- 9159

The freq's I have in is for LC, maybe to many, does anyone know if I need all these for LC, I also have WY-CO 1,2,3 & 4 in there and Berthoud PD. I hit everything I need to for LC:

01 853.887500
02 853.637500
03 853.762500
04 853.825000
05 853.262500
06 853.737500
07 852.587500
08 852.750000
09 852.275000
10 853.875000

Jjthompson

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Don for your info on LC Parks. How is a TG number different than say, the frequency number? For example Parks 1 is 154.115. Do you know why I may not be receiving anything on my scanner? It's a BC 760 xlt with a regular antenna. Thanks again, obviously, I'm new to this.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Don for your info on LC Parks. How is a TG number different than say, the frequency number? For example Parks 1 is 154.115. Do you know why I may not be receiving anything on my scanner? It's a BC 760 xlt with a regular antenna. Thanks again, obviously, I'm new to this.

Actually Don was referring to talkgroups on DTRS, a Project 25 (P-25) Phase-1 Trunked digital radio system. Unfortunately your scanner does not support any trunking protocols, P-25 or otherwise, so you can't monitor DTRS. In Larimer County you could listen to LC Fire, a VHF channel used by a few fire agencies (RR database would have exact freq & PL tone), you could also listen to National Parks and some other stuff. However, most of the "interesting" stuff will be on DTRS...

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
LC Parks

Thank you natedawg for clearing that up.

Jjthompson, As far as LC Parks 1 154.115 & LC Parks 2 151.250 I haven't hit anything on those VHF channels since they changed over to P-25 Phase 1. You can get LCFN (Larimer County Fire Net 4) on 154.385.

KB0OXD

My name is Patrick & my callsign is KB0OXD

I live in Englewood & am into TRBO/DMR, APRS & Narrowband FM (Though I've had the DARNDEST luck with getting the cheap boxes that support APRSDroid to work)

As far as scanning goes, I almost NEVER listen to ANY Police/Fire/EMS UNLESS it's from a foreign country OR some major news event warrants it

Otherwise I listen to Aviation, Mass Transit Rail, SOME Ham Radio (That I can't receive through other means) & other more obscure things

That's me

Cheers & 73

Patrick, KB0OXD

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Guess I should check in. Recent arrival from NM, in Centennial since November.

koz303

I guess if forgot to roll call

my name is Jim i live in Wheat Ridge. I been listening to radio since 1983 on and off. Started out in Chicago where you could listen to anything you wanted back in the day. Well now i mostly monitor Denver PD/FD, DTRS, Boulder and a few here and there.

DENDude

Hello from Denver

Hi I am Paul I Live in Denver and I listen mainly to Denver Fire & when I can get it Porter Adventist Hospital.

KE0KBE

Checking in from Louisville

Newbie to the radio world. Live in Boulder County, Louisville. I've been listening for quite a while, researching, tinkering, and sometimes frustrated! Anyway, I have a scanner, BCD325P2, still trying to figure out how to program it. If anyone has a starter file for CO that I could start out with, that would be helpful. I listen to my handheld HAM radio quite often.

I'm interested in listening to the local airport, trains, and emergency communications. I'm an avid hunter and also interested in setting up a mobile station that can be used from base camp.

I noticed there are several links in the welcome sticky that are no longer valid.

Finally, I look forward to making some new friends and learning from locals.

Cheers,
Tim
KE0KBE
WQXW792

csgaraglino

My story!

Chris Sgaraglino here; I am a professional photographer and multimedia journalist for Widow Creek Photography. While I have my genera of photography that puts food on the table, I have always been involved with street photography - especially that conscerning the first responder services. The difference with me is I look for the "sub-story" within the main story/incident. It's a unique flair that folks seem to enjoy reading.

For example, while a t-bone wreck is bad enough, this first responded took the time to make sure that EVERYONE was ok, and when this pup needed a friendly face, he was there to oblige, and I was there to capture their story!

15 years ago, I used to have scanners and when the local,pd switched to a different system, I cond of fell off the wagon. I'm fininding while listening to local chatter on the web, it's time to invest into a scanner again - and as of writing this I see that it's finally on a UPS truck.

So, I consider myself a noob - with a passion and this group looks like a very awesome resource. Hopefully before too long I can return the generosity of folks here by contributing myself Theo the next noob. :)

Again, thanks for all the help,

Chris Sgaraglino
Widow Creek Photography – Chris Sgaraglino: Photographer & Filmmaker

Attachments

• IMG_2604.jpg
    IMG_2604.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 267

orgchemus

Shawn Oberembt - New to Colorado

Good Afternoon-

I'm new to Colorado, moved from Rapid City, SD, and I'd like to meet others who can help make my Colorado scanning experience amazing.

This should not come as a shock, but the Denver Metro area is significantly more challenging than Rapid City, SD so hopefully someone is willing to help me setup my scanners.

I have the following scanners:

2 x Uniden BCD 996XT

I use FreeScan software; I'd never program by hand, so does anyone have files I can look at or use? What is the best way to setup the Denver Metro area?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I can be reached at shawn.lee.oberembt@gmail.com

Thank you and I look forward to your help!

Best Regards,

Shawn Oberembt

cenglehart

Clint here, living in Adams County. I monitor Adams (FRCC), Boulder Douglas, Jefco and MARC. I'm in sort of a valley here so Thorodin isn't the best reception, but I get good results from Smokey Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.