Colorado forum Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdcarpen

Premium Subscriber
Don here! Live in the residential neighborhood in Federal Heights (Big Clue). Retired Air Force (11yrs F-111, 9 yrs Satellite Command and Control ie: GPS and early warning radar) and for the last 8 yr UPRR Locomotive Electrician. My father started listening in the 70s in Laramie WY. Denver and Laramie fire had the same Frequency back then and in the winter you would here both which brought a little excitement to town. Have used 10 band radios, cards, switches ,crystals and numerous types and sizes of programmable scanners to listen in Wyo , Up State New York , England (UK), New Mexico, Florida and Colorado. Found the Site about four yrs ago mostly lurk and on rare occasions like this, participate!

Last edited:

netsmith

Radi0 Here

I have several Scanners, AR8200 Mark III, Pro-96, BC396, and very little money...;-)

Listen mainly to Denver, Arapahoe County.

I live in Centennial, CO, have a nice antenna rigged(okay, duct taped) to my gutter.

Great Forum, I always get fast responses from those who post here. Hope to make it to one of the meetings and eat some pizza.

My amateur radio call sign is KC0YDW.
I am hoping to participate in the 14er event again this year http://www.14er.org/
So, listen up! I'll be transmitting from Mt. Elbert this year, on one of the Freqs for the event.

August 10th 2008

Cheers,

Casey
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ham14er/

DeltaDOCguy

Hey everyone. My name's Matt and I'm in Fruita. If your not sure where that is, it's waaaaaaay west, near the Utah border on I-70, just west of Grand Junction. I've had scanners in all my vehicles for almost 10 years now. I started off with a donated Patrolman Pro, complete with crystals for Boulder County and Boulder P.D. I used it even here in G.J as it very conveniently receives the Mesa county channels. I still use it in the house and have gotten a Pro-433 for my car. Fortunately, most stuff around here is still VHF. I was floored to find this forum, the crazy amount of information compiled and the fact that there is a section just for Colorado! :) :) I've been reading a vast amount of info so far and looking forward to reading more. I've decided to buck up and get a digital as well, especially since all of CSP has gone that way, and most of DOC is digital now as well. Why would I listen to a prison? Well, I'm sure some will have figured out that I am an officer with DOC, so yeah, I like to listen to what's going on ;) Anyway, glad to be here and thanks for having me!

comm_manager

Hey All:
Mike in Littleton (KC0ILS). I have been into scanning since at least middle school and have been involved in EMS since 1997 (EMT-B). I started as a dispatcher for a local air ambulance service (hint: our helicopters aren't orange ;-)) in 2001 and became comm manager for that agency in 2005. In 2007 I accepted a position with the same agency as a training and technologies (radio/paging/phone/IS) manager. Interests outside of scanning and EMS include hiking, fishing, photography (I am a semi-pro), flying and home-brewing beer. I have lurked a long time, mostly due to agency requirements, but am now able to be a little more vocal. I'm always happy to answer questions where I can (and I'm sure I'll come up with plenty of my own!). I own a Pro-96 and a BC396T. Cheers!...Mike

K7TKR

Premium Subscriber
Name's Mark, I'm a driver for a national refrigerated outfit based here in Denver but since I don't actually live here (not that I actually "live" anywhere) guess that makes me a transit monitorist.

Currently I run both the 396 and the 996 and use the ARC996/396 programs to which I unashamedly recommend if one is going to do a serious amount of radio reprogramming as I do-every 3 to 4 days-depending where I'm at and where I'm going.

I've been involved in monitoring since I was knee-high to grass-starting with my dad's multi-band receiver and progressing through those 'ol crystal radio sets to crystal controlled scanners and first generation programmables to these wonderous contraptions.

Scan-Denver

K7TKR said:
Name's Mark, I'm a driver for a national refrigerated outfit based here in Denver but since I don't actually live here (not that I actually "live" anywhere) guess that makes me a transit monitorist.

Currently I run both the 396 and the 996 and use the ARC996/396 programs to which I unashamedly recommend if one is going to do a serious amount of radio reprogramming as I do-every 3 to 4 days-depending where I'm at and where I'm going.

I've been involved in monitoring since I was knee-high to grass-starting with my dad's multi-band receiver and progressing through those 'ol crystal radio sets to crystal controlled scanners and first generation programmables to these wonderous contraptions.
Hello brother trucker !

I'd like to invite everyone to our spring scanner meeting today at 12pm - 3pm !! Bring your scanners and an appetite along with $5 to help with costs of the food and drinks and have a great time !!!

Our Colorado Scanner Experts will be there to help with scanner programming and just about anything else scanner related.

So come on out and have a "scanner" of a good time !!!! :p :p :p

Gobi99

Aurora Scan Fan

Hi Chuck here in Aurora. Recently purchased a PSR-500 and which has renwed my scanning interest. Work for the Fed Gov and enjoy monitoing DIA, Centennial, and Buckley along with Aurora PD and FD and Denver, Still haven't figured out how to program Arap Co in to this new scanner. Any experts out there I can learn from?

Gobi99

Arc-500

Yes Steve I'm using the ARC-500 software. I keep loading Arap CO and nothing........everything else works fine Aurora PD and FD, Denver PD and FD, DIA , Buckley etc. But hear nothing for Arap CO. Any ideas? Very frustrating....lol

Icebear1

Hello all, my name is Rob. I live in Golden and work in Windsor with Charles. He is the one who told me about this site. So I decided to get into scanning. I have a 2055 mostly for Aviation, and a Pro 96. I met Charles thought our academy class, 98-4-4 great group of guys and one woman. I am ex law enforcement, now I drive a crappy desk and pay the companies bills. This forum looks great, and Charles has told me a few times how nice some of the people are here. I look forward to being an asset to the forum and getting to know you all.

jleverin

Looks like most of you guys are up north in Denver and vicinity. I'm Jane and I'm a Pueblo local listener. Right now everything around here except for city cops and county sheriff is digital, and I just can"t swing buying a $500.00 digital scanner just yet. Was hoping to this month but the stupid car broke down and guess what the repair bill was? Yep. exactly the amount my Pro-96 would have cost! So I guess I muddle along for now with what I have, maybe next month I can buy the new one! Fortunately there's still plenty of analog traffic here.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I caution you making a Pro-96 purchase for Pueblo in the future, good sources indicate they will come on-line with mostly 700MHz sites.

Jim<

Scan-Denver

For about the same amount of money, you can get a Uniden 396/996 that will do the 700 mhz freqs like Jim mentioned. Or even better, get the GRE PSR 500 or 600 and be able to scan almost everything in the state - all for about the same amount of money as the Pro-96.

jleverin

Thanks for the input guys, I'll remember that for future reference. No wonder all those little punks in the RS store are pushing those Pro-96 scanners so hard! The last two times I went there that ALL I heard, finally just walked out because there was no way I could buy one that day. That and trying to find out what wireless service I use so they could sell me something else! Would have hated to spend that much for something that wouldn't be what I needed!

hudsoncamp

Brand new

Neal's the name
Live in Hudson self employed for the past 25 years and am just getting started in the hobby. Know very little about it but am doing a fair job of trial an error and error and error and you get the picture. Would like to thank RR contributors for all the info finding this site has helped me regain a portion of my sanity.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Hey Hudsoncamp welcome to site, if ever need an help with radio stuff give me or one of us a shout on here, I live just down the road from you.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Any of you guys in Dacono, I was out driving around today and I was in Dacono and spotted quite the antenna array behind someones house. Just though I would ask.

JohnNDenver

Hi Im John Live in SW Denver playing with radios since 1949. Served as a military officer in Intelligence circa 1963-75. Own a Radio shack Model 528 Mostly listen to the SW Denver quad. Was an officer in the Martin Luther King riots. Trust me I know about saftey and the importance of communications in a crisis. We didnt have any. Keep an eye on your government!

Scan-Denver

Hi Im John Live in SW Denver playing with radios since 1949. Served as a military officer in Intelligence circa 1963-75. Own a Radio shack Model 528 Mostly listen to the SW Denver quad. Was an officer in the Martin Luther King riots. Trust me I know about saftey and the importance of communications in a crisis. We didnt have any. Keep an eye on your government!
Welcome to the club John ! Very soon you'll need to upgrade your scanner to the GRE PSR 500/600 and perhaps Uniden will come up with a flash upgrade to the 396/996 to continue to listen to Denver... or listen online.

Status
Not open for further replies.