Colorado forum Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG7JEV

Premium Subscriber
I'm Eric from Pueblo. I monitor the local stuff around here in Pueblo County. Fire, PD, EMS, and flight for life when I can get a good signal.

Scan-Denver

I'm Eric from Pueblo. I monitor the local stuff around here in Pueblo County. Fire, PD, EMS, and flight for life when I can get a good signal.
Howdy Eric, welcome to the club! When you get a chance, send me an email. I have some questions for you and don't want to tie up this thread with off topic subjects.

JohnNDenver

Welcome to our group

I'm Bak3r, I work in communications for a large agency and I mainly (as you can see by the post count) just lurk. =]

We are just group of harmless old farts for the record. Because we are bored it gives us something to do and we like to hear govt agencys screw up with thier millions of $ budget and PHDs (Piled higher and deeper Chuckle)leadership I E Fema in New orleans (Failed Every Mission Assigned)

Most of us have been involved with HAM radios since childhood (Me since 1949) Since we cant decode "Women" we play with radio "Receivers".

I know the local group has several law enforcement types. former military intelligence personnel , govt employees and people that sell the equipment in the group. We get together and have pizza and curse the equipment that dosent work on a regulas basis. You can turn this in as your report of "Accurate Info".

ral111

Premium Subscriber
Hello I am Rick,

I have been part of this group since Dec. 2002, but I have not been on here or posted anything for many moons, I have been way busy! I do remember posting but it may have been 2005? Geeez.

I've been listening to scanners since the late 70's with my old Radio Shack & Bearcat crystal scanners, miss that old VHF radios.

I monitor the Lakewood PD, West Metro FD, Wheat Ridge PD/FD, Arvada FD, Golden FD, Pridemark Am, Boulder County FD's, Jeffco SO/FD's, South Metro FD, Edgewater FD, Weld County FD's, Adams County FD's, AirLife, Flight for Life, Med Channels...

I have been getting pictures of fire/police and other emergency stuff for a long time now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24059879@N06/

Thanks, Rick

Pro 92
Pro 96
Pro 97
PSR-500

Last edited:

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
So your the one with all those pictures! Someone (Can't remember who) had posted your link in the forum not too long ago and didn't give credit to who it belonged to. kinda pisses me off sense I made a response there.. Anyway, that post has sense been deleted it seems. I made a post that said the images were best viewed with Piclens. :) Took me for-ever to look at all those! :lol: Great work!

jleverin

I still haven't gotten around to getting that digital scanner yet, will proably go with the GSR 500 model, RS has pissed me off too many times lately. Seems like the darned bills always seem to be just the amount I was hoping to spend, finally husband's business is doing better and we MAY start to have some extra income in the near future. I did find a nice mobile scanner antenna on Ebay last week for around $10, works pretty well with the 97. The " Doom and Gloom" predicted by the clerks at RS so far has NOT come to pass. I can still pick up city police, fire dispatch, sheriff's office, RR and ALL the public works folks on my scanner with Win97 programming and the center whip antenna. The only thing we seem to have inablity to pick up is CSP. Would really like to monitor my workplace at CMHIP but apparently that's gone digital too, probably for privacy issues. So for now I'm pretty happy, I STILL know what's happening in my community, by the time they go digital I will probably have saved the funds for the digital scanner. My $100 scanners have done me very well.... Will probably try to get my ham license soon too, just to cover my bases. I finally got my Skywarn ID number back from the local NWS office so I'm official I guess. Glad to see all those fellow Coloradans here!

Jane L
Pro-82
Pro-97
VX 150
Skywarn PB134

rckydenver

So your the one with all those pictures! Someone (Can't remember who) had posted your link in the forum not too long ago and didn't give credit to who it belonged to. kinda pisses me off sense I made a response there.. Anyway, that post has sense been deleted it seems. I made a post that said the images were best viewed with Piclens. :) Took me for-ever to look at all those! :lol: Great work!

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112147
The post are still there, it just moved down alittle.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
So your the one with all those pictures! Someone (Can't remember who) had posted your link in the forum not too long ago and didn't give credit to who it belonged to

Yes its still there like rcky said, and I did give Rick credit, just not rite off the bat as I was in a hurry when I posted. Like said in the thread he keeps adding more images, great images, I go check it everyday now to see whats new. Great work, looking forward to what will come in the future.

And on a side note, like said once before welcome Rick. Also welcome Jane. :)

Last edited:

montanadiesel

Kind of new, from Frederick Colorado

Been watching the board now for over a year. And I can't remember if I posted on this thread yet.

Just recently purchased my Uniden BCD996T, and also a new antenna for all the majic this newer unit does, over my other analog gear. I have spent some time setting it up, and have a couple of my local groups on the setup.

Listen to my local boys and gals of Frederick, Dacono, and Firestone PD. I also listen to Frederick/Firestone FD. Then Weld County Sheriff's, and Weld Fire. Then the State Patrol, and I also listent to medical, and air life teams.

Still have much to learn about this new system, and how to tweak it. But got some good tips from one of the local boys here, and he gave me a link to some great software to help setup process on the computer. Which in turn links to this great website, to keep me in the loop of the lastes and greatest.

But I have has a scanner close by since the 80's. And the funny thing that got me going was William Shatner's Emergency 911 show. Ran to the local radio shack, and got my first basic 10 channel unit, and listened to Arvada Fire, and Police. Since I had friends on the Fire Department back then, it was fun to listen to what they were doing.

That is when the bug hit.

But I did fade away for a couple of years. And I just recently got going again, and now starting all over with the digital world.

Great site.

Marpat

Hello all. I'm so new to scanning that I don't even have one yet. I've always wanted to get into the hobby though, so I'm here to try to learn and find out how to best get started, what equipment to buy, etc.

Was planning to head up Mt. Evans today and go over Trail Ridge Rd. With the weather outlook though, I thought I'd start edumacating myself instead, so a happy hello to you all and have a great day!

Scan-Denver

Hello all. I'm so new to scanning that I don't even have one yet. I've always wanted to get into the hobby though, so I'm here to try to learn and find out how to best get started, what equipment to buy, etc.

Was planning to head up Mt. Evans today and go over Trail Ridge Rd. With the weather outlook though, I thought I'd start edumacating myself instead, so a happy hello to you all and have a great day!
Welcome to the club!

As for what scanner you should get, it all depends on what you want to listen to. The latest and greatest is the GRE PSR 500 (hand held) and GRE PSR 600 (base) in the price range of around $500. With this unit you will be able to listen to at least 95% if not more of the systems in Colorado including the 700 mhz band. There is also the Uniden 396 (hand held) and 996 (base) - however, these two units will not (as of yet anyway) be able to monitor the new ESK systems of Lakewood and soon to be Denver.

Marpat

Thanks for the warm welcome. The model you referenced GRE PSR 500 is the one I've been looking at more seriously than others. In fact, I'm on the way out the door to go pick one up now. Whoohoo!! My Birthday is this month anyway, right...

Later on in the day, I'll work towards learning to program it. I haven't yet determined if I have to have a paid sub to this site to be able to PC program it, but I'll find out. Wish me luck!

Scan-Denver

There are several programs you can aquire from the net that will make programming your 500 a breeze. Most of us use win500 (google it) and can send you via email the files we use and you can use it to get a feel for how it is programmed. It also allows you to control your scanner via computer (saves wear and tear on your scanner buttons).

This site does require you to be a paid member in order to acquire systems of the database using win500. Either way you can get what you need either from the database or from one of us.

Again welcome to the club and maybe we can meet you at our next scanner meeting!

Marpat

+2 for Scan.Denver...I got my first scanner today and obviously needed a boost to get me going. Kudos to Scan.Denver for being so welcoming and helpful! :cool:

CSchuman

Premium Subscriber
Hello!

Hello All:

Chris from Riverside, Calif. Will be moving to Colorado here in a year or so to pursue a career in Firefighter or Law Enforcement. ( I can't decide if I want to chase down bad guys or if I want to run medical aids + fires.)

I figure I might as well get a head start, and get the hang of the radio systems in the Denver Metro and Colorado Springs areas via www.ScanColorado.com

I got my first scanner when I was 13, in 2003. I couldn't figure out how to get it to Trunk/Program until I was 15. Anyhow, I have a PRO-95, and a BCD-250D + APCO 25 Card.

Another youngin' on this site.

Last edited:

rckydenver

Welcome to the Colorado forum Chris..If you and Jfab are online about the same time you and him will have to have a chat, i think he's about your age maybe a year or two younger, but he looking to be LEO.
Good luck on what career you take. And welcome again to Colorado.

jfab

Hello All:

Chris from Riverside, Calif. Will be moving to Colorado here in a year or so to pursue a career in Firefighter or Law Enforcement. ( I can't decide if I want to chase down bad guys or if I want to run medical aids + fires.)

I figure I might as well get a head start, and get the hang of the radio systems in the Denver Metro and Colorado Springs areas via www.ScanColorado.com

I got my first scanner when I was 13, in 2003. I couldn't figure out how to get it to Trunk/Program until I was 15. Anyhow, I have a PRO-95, and a BCD-250D + APCO 25 Card.

Hey! I'm not the young one on this site anymore:lol:! Just Kidding..welcome to the site! I am 16 and also looking into Law Enforcement. Send me a PM and we can chat some more!
Welcome to RR, btw!

Scan-Denver

Hello All:

Welcome to the club Chris! Give us a shout when you get here, we'll give you the low down on the systems here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.