Colorado forum Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlinko

Premium Subscriber
John in Grand Junction. I monitor the extensive VHF and UHF activity across the Grand Valley of Mesa County and surrounding areas. I focus on important business and institutional monitoring as well, i.e. the local schools, hospitals, airport, and major commercial centers.

I have a Pro 96 and monitor the limited DTR activity in Mesa County, along with the activity in surrounding counties that are on the DTR in full.

I am a ham (N3RTS) and also volunteer for the Mesa County SAR Communications Team. I was a supervisor at the county 9-1-1 center for 13 years, and intend to remain active as a consultant and member of APCO and NENA. I'm also very familiar with air medical operations.

Looking forward to being more active on this site in the future.

04Z1V6

Paul, from Castle Rock I have been scanning since the late 70's, I was a paramedic in the metro area for about 6 years in the early 80's then changed jobs. I have a new 2096 and listen to DCSO, Castle Rock, and CSP. Hello All!

jleverin

I'm Jane from Pueblo, I have a Pro 96 and a 97 but we are mostly still analog down here, am still picking up a little with CO DTRS with the 96. I like listening to Police/Fire, RR and Air transmissions.

Warbirdhunter

Hello all It's Charles again, I left awhile ago because I needed some space. However I am back, I now live in SE Denver and am loving my Pro 96. I look forward to catching up with some of you, and getting back into the flow.

taurnhammer

Feed Provider
Hello from Tom, located in South/West Colorado. I’m currently the Deputy Fire Chief for the Los Pinos Fire District in Ignacio. I currently use a Pro-2096 and a BCD396T. The Colorado side of the Fire/EMS agencies I monitor are SLOWLY switching over to the State DTRS. The New Mexico agencies I monitor (mostly San Juan County) are remaining on VHF.

I had not been up on this forum for awhile. I am proud of the fact that I was able to update the firmware in the BCD396T without having to e-mail Jim multiple times to figure out what I was doing wrong! I’m looking forward to making a trip to the big city to see if I can hear Denver and West Metro Fire again.

Thanks,

Tom (MNN 025)

Live Scanner Feed:
http://laplata.co.scanamerica.us/index.php

Web Site:
www.buffaloheadfire.com

scarab30

Hello everyone! Im Marcus I live here in Evans and I dont listen to anything...LOL...I've had scanners over the years but nothing as advanced as this new 996t. I have the ARC996 software and Im trying to get it to pick up something...anything! Oh wait I did get wx. I would be forever indebted to anyone who would feel like mentoring me. I have read and re-read and just feel like some "one-on-one" help would be cool. In a way I thought about seeing if anyone would let me clone their scanner but really I want to learn it myself. Soooo....thats me any help would be greatly appreciated! Ill buy the beer!

Last edited:

Warbirdhunter

Hello everyone! Im Marcus I live here in Evans and I dont listen to anything...LOL...I've had scanners over the years but nothing as advanced as this new 996t. I have the ARC996 software and Im trying to get it to pick up something...anything! Oh wait I did get wx. I would be forever indebted to anyone who would feel like mentoring me. I have read and re-read and just feel like some one on one help would be cool. In a way I thought about seeing if anyone would let me clone their scanner but really I want to learn it myself. Soooo....thats me any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum Marcus. We have a great group of people here. I am sure someone out there has a file or can walk you though programming your new toy. Once again, Welcome to the Colorado Forum.

scarab30

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Marcus. We have a great group of people here. I am sure someone out there has a file or can walk you though programming your new toy. Once again, Welcome to the Colorado Forum.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. I'm sitting here reading the owners manual, the software manual, and way to much stuff online. I think I need to quit before my head explodes. I gotta say, this is the most quiet peaceful scanner I've ever owned, I can't even get a birdie out of it!

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Hi, the name is Don here. Live in Loveland...I monitor Loveland PD, FD, LCSO, Ft. Collins PD, FD, Ambulance and what ever else I can hit... I have been into scanners since 1970. My first scanner was a 8 channel crystal one. Had 8 yellow led lights on it. Had many more after this one, can't remember all of them... Now I am into the digital ones I have the pro-96/2096. Thinking about buying the pro-106 with the Win500. Then I would have to learn to use the Win500.. :-( This forum has helped me a bunch on learning things. Thanks for doing a great job to everyone...

jleverin

Well, it's almost November and I'm still picking up quite a bit of stuff down here with the 97, maybe the financial crisis has forced the local community to re-think it's digital conversions. The Pro96 was pretty much a wash for me, I really can't pick up much more with it than the 97 except for a few CO DTRS-ambulance transmissions mostly and lots of AM air stuff. Fortunately I got it at a great discount, so I wasn't out a ton of money for it. Right now I am still happy with my Pro 97 and my small mobile car antenna that I bought for $10. Am working on a promotion at work so maybe I'll have some more cash for stuff I want. Am looking at getting my ham ticket and using that as a lauching board. A couple of old dudes around me are hams and they have these HUGE antennas, they must be able to pick up stuff ANYWHERE with those antennas! I think I will always like scanners though as they let you know what's going on around you in the community.

matt8888

Hello to everyone my name is Matt, I live in Lakewood. I got a 996 for my birthday in july and dove head first into the complicated world of scanning (and have had a headache ever since but I'm getting it). Listen to pretty much everything depending on what mood I'm in.

Kevin_N

Kevin from Littleton. Been scanning for about 3 years and reading this site for a while. Finally decided to post. I have a Pro-96 and PSR-600. Listen to Littleton / Arapahoe / Douglas / Englewood / Denver / sometimes others. This Denver provoice or encryption thing worries me. Either way scanners are no good.

SWCOScanner

Feed Provider
Hi all, Brian here from southwest Colorado (Cortez/Dove Creek area). I operate a towing service here, and have been a firefighter in the past, so I just monitor anything I can here to keep up on it all. Currently monitoring all SW Colorado and SE Utah vhf traffic, and TRYING to get my 2096 to correctly scan the DTRS... I agree about the headache!

Anyways, this is a great place, good people, and a helluva resource. Don't hesitate to contact me if anyone needs updated frequency lists for this area.

elocutionist

Hi my name is Christopher and I'm in Colorado Springs. I'm an amateur radio operator so I monitor the local VHF/UHF bands along with the local emergency services and law enforcement plus air traffic. Just recently added the local railroad frequencies, so that has been fun to listen to something new. This site is a fantastic resource, thanks for all your contributions.

cassie1025

Hi! I'm Cas, I'm in Canon City, CO. I have a Pro-96, and I monitor Fremont County and surrounding areas. I am able to hear several analog freq. for Pueblo PD, and am able to also hear, Cripple Creek, Westcliffe/Silvercliffe, Walsenburg, Fairplay, Park county,and even Salida and Buena Vista (kinda weak, but can hear it). These all the older freq (analog 150mhz range). Most are law enforcement/public safety channels,But I also have BLM forestry, CLEER/FERN, Flight-4-life, Fire&Rescue, Search & Rescue's (SAR)channels, Air Rescue, 2 prisons, Division of Wildlife (DOW) freq, HAM, AIR,etc.

On cloudy or windy nights, I've picked up Bailey and Craig CO (about 230+ miles from here. Pretty good. I'm getting a Diamond Discone and Heliax 1/4" coax soon, should be able to do even better-can't wait til it gets here. Right now, I'm only using RG-58U coax and a very cheap broken Radioshack antenna-LoL! -Cassie

cassie1025

Anyone know what the Pueblo police codes are?

Or where I can find them, everything I find on the internet is wrong. I know that Pueblo use "10-11" as disregard, but that's about all. Websites list something entirely different for 10-11, so I know they're not the right ones. Help?? Even the ones they have on the Bearcat website are wrong too. I've Googled and Yahooed it every which way I can think of, but still can't find them.

My area (Fremont) sheriff is encrypted, so I've been listening to Pueblo instead, only I found out, that Pueblo county uses different codes than they do here in Fremont county.

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Cassie

Last edited:

aschwtz67

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone. Adam here from Greeley, CO. Lookin to get into a digital scanner soon as I want to be able to listen to the local PD. Nice to find the forum. Take care.

Scan-Denver

Hello everyone. Adam here from Greeley, CO. Lookin to get into a digital scanner soon as I want to be able to listen to the local PD. Nice to find the forum. Take care.
Welcome aboard Adam! We've got a scanner get together coming up on April 5th in Centennial (S/W Aurora & North Parker area) - click on this link for info. Most if not all the top scanner guru's will be there and will be able to assist you in choosing the best scanner to get for your area. If you get one before the get together, the same guys can assist you with programming your scanner and help to better understand the systems in Colorado.

Hope to see you there!!

wuzafuzz

Greetings from Fort Collins

Hi all,

Eric in Fort Collins. I've been lurking on the board for a while, finally creating an account this week. My scanning interests since 1980 or so have been mostly public safety, with some aviation related stuff thrown in from time to time. Started out in Southern California, and moved to Colorado where my scanner is just about useless for public safety.

I've also been a ham for about 15 years, and am active in Civil Air Patrol communications.

My gear collection is modest. I have a PRO-93 scanner, an Icom W32A portable ham radio, and a Motorola XTS 2500 VHF for 2 meter and CAP. There are a few other CAP radios I have to play with, but I don't own them.

Status
Not open for further replies.