Colorado forum Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Hey all its me osoklrs, or Nate as some of you know me, I got my username changed as the old one doesn't fit anymore. Just thought I would let you guys know so as not to cause any confusion. Oh and no welcomes needed. :)

Last edited:

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Put it this way one of my first radio's in the 1960's was a 2 channel crystal controlled VHF low band radio almost as large as a modern day TIVO unit, not a scanner by any means they did not exist, made by this company.

I am located in the beautiful state of colorado and work in the EMS sector. I try to monitor anything that's available and like to live by the motto of "In God we Trust, all others We Monitor".

And am always happy to provide programming assistance or monitoring help if anyone is confused or has questions, just PM or post away. Normally try to attend the excellent scanner meetings held at Luke's place and would be happy to attend one in the Ft Collins or Colo Springs area's if a group is put together North and/or South. We've found these to be excellent and informative information sharing sessions.

Happy New Year to all!

Jim<

"My wife says I have too many radio's to list here!"
Hi
My name is Jon and I live on the northwestern edge of Castlewood Canyon east of Castle Rock. I scan from Colorado Springs north to Greeley and Weld County, and host online an ESK feed of West Metro Fire from these RadioReference pages. Also reachable at http://www.tinyurl.com/ScanWM
I am hosting this for Jimmnn, using his scanner, because there is presently no use for an ESK scanner at his present physical location......
I have been in the hobby since the late '60's with RatShack stuff and then with a Tennelec MCP1, my first programmable.

since location is of paramount interest to receive the maximum number of agencies, I have found my present location to be fantastic for the entire front range and into the Hwy 285 and I-70 corridors.

Grecom GRE PSR-600 w/Starrsoft.com win500
RS Pro-106 w/Starrsoft.com win500
Uniden BC796D
Uniden BC235XLT
Uniden BC245XLT
Tennelec MCP1

Last edited:

atecsdan

I'm Dan. Live in Parker and work throughout the state, but mostly in the front range. I work for a wireless engineering consulting firm. I'm probably considered a newbie in the DTRS/LMR world, but have been in wireless telecom for around 16 years. Just getting interested in DTRS/LMR for both professional and personal reasons.

My expertise/background is designing/building/optimizing cellular systems of all shapes, sizes, and colors.

With the emphasis by many local jurisdictions to have in building distributed antenna systems (DAS) and other repeater/BDA systems installed in all new large construction, my company has started implementing the same types of systems we've done for years for the cellular guys for public safety.

So I'm visiting this site as part of getting up to speed.

Don't have a scanner yet, but looking to get one that can handle 700/800 including ESK to assist with checking out our installations as well as for playing with for fun.

Anyone know the best way to dig up technical coordination contacts with the state and other agencies for coordination?

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Alright, well I guess I should post here finally - eight years with no introduction is rather rude I guess :roll:.

I've been into scanning since the late eighties when I had to track down a signal leak (for the CATV company I worked for) that was causing interference for a local Ham.

I currently use a 996T on the road and a 796D at home with BC245XLT providing a Metro EDACS feed as well as a SC150 for "itinerant" aero monitoring. The new addition to the "family" is an SDR-IQ which I'll bring to the next meet (if I ever make it to one).

I live in the Metro area and monitor everything Public Safety related (based on my ever changing lat / lon, of course ;)).

Mike

lancewheatley

Newby

Hi all, new to digital scanning here in Colo Spgs. Am using ARC software with my Pro-96, and am totally lost!!!!!!! Does anyone know someone here in the Springs who would be willing to tutor me in basic scanner programming? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi all, new to digital scanning here in Colo Spgs. Am using ARC software with my Pro-96, and am totally lost!!!!!!! Does anyone know someone here in the Springs who would be willing to tutor me in basic scanner programming? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Lance, and welcome to RR! I live on the NW side of the Springs and would be more than happy to help. Just PM me if interested.

BOWLERPBA

Greetings-
I guess that it is about time that I introduce myself. My name is Mark and I have lived in Longmont for 51+ years. I have been employed with a local municipal electric utility for approx. 30 years, and have started a second career at a local mortuary on the weekends and at night. As you can probably tell by my call name, I am also a member of the Professional Bowlers Association. I started monitoring back in the mid-70's with the old Rat Shack crystal controlled boxes.
Equipment currently used-
BCD 369XT
PSR-500
Pro-96
XTS 3000R
Look forward to meeting everyone at the next meet.
Mark

hockeyfan334455

Premium Subscriber
hi my name is Thomas and live in Denver right now. I am currently a checker for Safeway. i also am an Eagle Scout. i am not a provider of a scanner. i listen to most of the scanners in colorado, mostly the listed scanners in denver and arapahoe counties.

Thomas

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Hello peoples, I've been here for a small while, most of you probably recognize my username at least. :)

I am Joe, I am currently in Lafayette, just moved from Greeley, Will be moving to Dacono just off the Erie/Dacono exit soon.

When I am mobile, I usually monitor just the local PD wherever I may be.
If I am stationary, I monitor mostly local PD and FD, and if I am bored i listen to as much surrounding PD and FD that I can hear.

I am young also, 17.

Hope to become an officer somewhere in CO eventually.

SCPD

QRT
Hello All

I am very new to the Colorado area. I am moveing to Castle Rock by the 1st of November. I am a little lost with all the radio sites but in time I will figure it out. I have all the fire progamed. Just have to work on the police. I don't use win96 so if your able to send me a file that I can use with ARC96 to make it easyer to upload my scanner please do. I also run the scannerbuffsofamerica yahoo group. Looking forward to meet new folks and getting this scanner programed. Thanks tom
PS please use t_billman@hotmail.com for contacting me .!!!

jim9251

Hello Colorado. I'm Jim, moved to Ridgway from northwest Arkansas in October. Went from a metro area of 400,000 to a small mountain town of 800. I love it here! Just joined these forums, and bought a GRE PSR500 using WIN500 to program it with my computer. Sure different from the old Realistic scanner I used in the early 70's. Retired law enforcement, after only 34 years. I'm learning a lot from these forums, and glad to be in Colorado!

nccowboy03

Berthoud here !!!

WoW was that back in 2005?Im Jeffrey, Ive been here 3 and 1/2 years now love it !!!
Live in Berthoud (Duu) drive 1000 mile a week in metro doing Maintenance route tech work
Got a 396 (currently broken ) BC780,sport cat 200, pro71, bc55, listen mainly to fire and snowplows starting to get into pd stuff cause its just so slow here compared to were I came from ................................

Looking forward to meeting some more of you northern folks Ive been thinking of getting a north group together.......... you north guys let me know what you think

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey i noticed that you live in berthoud i also live in berthoud and i was wondering if you knew a site or
anywere else that has a live feed on BPD & BFD my scanner is broke or i would just get the codes
thanks alot
Anthony

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.610 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

carvalho26 said:
Hi all: Name is Tom I live i Jeffco, and I'm brand new to the hobby.......

Welcome to RR! I'm Joe. What scanner you using? And whereabout in jeffco? I'm currently in boulder cnty.

torrespi

Premium Subscriber
My name is Salvadore Torres , been a Scanner and Ham for over 40 Years !

I live in The Denver and El PasoCounty Areas, Was in Law Enforcement and
Proud veteran ( United States Marine Corps )

I took my RS pro 106 to the Fountain , Colorado RS store...they programmmed by computer all of Colorado Springs and El Paso Public Safety and more..They programmed it for free
You should do the same...

Happy Scanning
KC0JLN

Last edited:

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.610 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Hi torrespi! Welcome to RR. I'm Joe.

And thanks you for your service, both as law enforcement and military. I enjoy my freedom.

nathancarlson

I live in Longmont and drive a route truck out of Loveland. I commute between Longmont and Loveland every day. I listen at home in the evenings. I have friends that work on the Boulder Police Dept., so I usually montior them when I am up late enough (since they work the graveyard shift now). I also like to listen when I drive my parents to the airport. During bad weather, I listen to DOT, and when I was on my route last year, I listened to what was going on during the Windsor/Greeley tornadoes that I got caught up in, since cell phone service was very limited (due to overload) and I was pretty much stuck with the highways being closed down. Other than that, I don't listen at work, but I always keep my scanner and GPS unit with me at work (mostly because I don't want to leave them at the depot or in my car in the extreme temperatures and never know when I might need them).

I had a pro-106 but its currently broken. I would like to get it fixed when money allows it. I am using the pro-106, and my pro-95 to monitor the conventional Boulder County Channels. I also go to Westminster once a month to see the doctor, so I listen to everything along the way.

My goal is to eventually get the 996XT.

I enjoy programming my scanner and always seem to find new fun features on it!

Nathan, Longmont CO
Pro-106, Win500 software, Pro 95

Status
Not open for further replies.