Colorado forum Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeddyLeeFan

I need a programmer and everything else

Hello everyone ~ I live in the southern part of Colo. Spgs (Security/Widefield area). Old analog hand held and base scanners have been collecting dust. One of them even has a crystal for each frequency. Anyway, i hope someone in this group will help me. I have a Pro 2096. All I listen to are the frequencies that Radio Shack plugged in for me. I didn't realize that it could be programmed so that I would no longer have to suffer through listening to bus drivers, road crews, and utility crews. After the public safety organizations abandoned the 153.00 and 453.00 frequency range, I hadn't listened to a scanner until 2 or 3 years ago. So... please, is there someone who will program my Pro 2096 (and show me how)? I have no cable. I don't have the software. I'm confused about win96 and pro96com. I know n-o-t-h-i-n-g. Reading this forum leaves me in the dark. Talk groups? DTRS?? APCO 25??? I've read everything and understand NOTHING. If there is anyone out there willing to program the list of police/fire/ems that I would like to listen to, please contact me. I'm desperate! please email me (because I can't always check the forum) at rushqueen [at] gmail.com
Thank you VERY much in advance.

speard

Premium Subscriber
I'm Speard. I work for an agency in Colorado in communications. Used to be a member of the old scan-denver, mostly lurk now. I try to speak up and answer questions, dispel rumors and attempt to cure ignorance.

dhageman

Premium Subscriber
My name is Daryl Hageman. I have more scanners, that I will admit to having, because if my wife really knew the truth, I am certain the divorce papers would be in the mail, tomorrow. My primary scanners are the PSR-500 (Lakewood, Arvada and Denver) and a PRO-96, which travels with me everywhere I go. I work for NICE Systems and specialize in Public Safety recording, specifically P25 for both Motorola and Harris (MA/COM EDACS).

rodgers712

New to Denver area-Pro 162

I'm Brad I'm moving from Illinois. I have a Radioshack Pro-162 and program it manually. I will live in Arapahoe County in Aurora/Centiennel area. I want to listen to EMS mainly but PD/FD as well. Also would like to listen in on all surrounding EMS/PD/FD. I'm a paramedic and like to keep up with whats going on when not at work. Any info on how the area works would be great help. I have found info about Aurora City talk group but know nothing about EDACS. Also I assume that Colorado State police is similar to Illinois state police Starcom project 25. Barely learned my current area now moving and have to relearn it all again thanks for the help.

from the slv

hi , I’m Zac and I’ve been scanning for 3 years and spent some time looking around the forums here and figured I would stat posting, I live in Saguache county were I also work as an emt, I own two pro 2096 on at home and one in the wife’s car who also enjoys scanning. I constantly listen to Gunnison, san Luis valley, pueblo fire and ems. I also spend some time on CB and am currently working towards my armature license when finances will let me.

Trunked75

Hi there

Jonathan from Sterling here. I am a newbie at this. I want to get a scanner, i know my town is going digital or already has. but dont know the first thing about which ones will work for my area, How far i can listen, and what accesories and frequency codes i need. Once again thank you for your help and hope to learn lots.

SCPD

QRT
Hello All

My name is Tom I live in Castle Rock, moved here back in November from the hot sunny weather of Phoenix, AZ. I have a pro-197 that I am slowly learning how it works with the help of a few folks from this group. I also when I am home or when someone is at home at my place I stream Douglas County, El Paso County, The US Forest Service beings I am a retired Fire Warden. The feed can be found under Douglas County Colorado and under Castle Rock Fire. If the feed is not up then there is no one home. Thanks Jim for all your help.

LUBEDUDE08

Greetings...

Stumbled across this site a little time ago and decided since I listen so often I would register so i could get the most out of it! Also glad to help at all if I can!

athena911

I'm Cyndi, 48 yoa, living in S.W. Denver. Retired from 911 dispatch and LOVE RR! I listen all day on line from work and at night at home. Thanks to those who make that possible! I am currently doing inter-state dispatching for an insurance company.

kmbrly

Hi there. My name is Kimberly and I live out between Colorado Springs and Limon. I travel to Highlands Ranch and the south metro area about twice a week.

I have a Pro-106. I'm new to this and am having a lot of fun!

dw2872

Been a member for a few months but I am just recently listenning to my scanners and reading on here more. Retiring from the Air Force soon. Involved with law enforcement and love to listen to whats going on around me. I live in Fountain (just south of Colorado Springs) and mainly listen to El Paso county and Colorado Springs police. I also listen to fire when I know something is going on. Anyone else actively listen down here in El Paso county?

Dan

marileau

me name is marileau, can't get enough of this site from the mile high city, listening to westminster and arvada mostly. Thanks for having me.

raskal

Hello All my name is Travis, Live in the longmont area for about 6 months. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations about gear. In NY my Pro97 did the trick but from what I read that is no longer the case if I want to listen to DTRS. Im interested in Weld and Boulder co's. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Travis

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Hello All my name is Travis, Live in the longmont area for about 6 months. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations about gear. In NY my Pro97 did the trick but from what I read that is no longer the case if I want to listen to DTRS. Im interested in Weld and Boulder co's. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Travis

Pro-106 or 197 check em out.

Jim<

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned

Thanks!

Travis

The Pro 97 would be fine for Boulder and Weld county stuff sense its analog, but not the digital DTRS (Digital Trunk Radio System) state wide system. :wink:

Uniden Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

Radio Shack Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

Weld County, Colorado (CO) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Boulder County, Colorado (CO) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

State system: State of Colorado DTRS Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Try towers: Betasso (Boulder), Longmont (Boulder), Gunbarrel (Boulder), Greeley 35th (Weld), Greeley North (Weld) and Mead (Boulder). Then scroll down and start entering relevant talkgroups pertaining to those ares of interest.

...and sense I hold a rubber chicken close to my heart. :lol: YouTube - Excedrin "I had a Headache THIS BIG" commercial 1987

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.