Colorado QSO party today!

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
So I don’t know why I didn’t receive an email about this until after the event started, but at around 9:30am, I got notified about a statewide QSO party, until 10pm mountain time. My county has yet to be activated. I don’t have my HF rig up and running but I’m monitoring V/U calling. Nothing heard yet!

-B

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
Takes place the same weekend every year. Most of the activity for the QSO parties is on HF.
Nice to know! Ya I need to find a good hf antenna that’s quick setup and tear down. I’m unable to setup anything permanent and I don’t have a way to get coax in and out. I can’t put holes in the wall… Once I get my place built, it’ll be much easier to keep an HF rig operable.

-B

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I don’t have a way to get coax in and out. I can’t put holes in the wall…
They make these for cable entry using a window. If you can close a window down on it, you can run the cables to it and then from there to your rig. If you are handy and have some tools, it's cheaper to make one. I made one out of piece of PVC trim material. Just have to remove the screen if you have a full size one. If the entry is first floor and you are worried about security, you can cut some tight fitting 2x4 pieces to jam the window closed against it.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Nice to know! Ya I need to find a good hf antenna that’s quick setup and tear down. I’m unable to setup anything permanent and I don’t have a way to get coax in and out. I can’t put holes in the wall… Once I get my place built, it’ll be much easier to keep an HF rig operable.

-B

There is usually a QSO party every weekend throughout the year. Of course, you can participate in any of them...not just your own state's. Here is a list:

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
There is usually a QSO party every weekend throughout the year. Of course, you can participate in any of them...not just your own state's. Here is a list:

Ok… nice! That makes way more sense. It just kinda caught me off guard getting an email from ARRL after the event had started. Thanks for putting the puzzle pieces together for me!

-B

Saturday, 3 September @ 3.15PM--in the heart of the Colorado Rockies

________________________________________________________________________________________

There has been activity for this QSO Party :) .

I just learned of it this morning-- and three of us here had some fun making a few contacts on 40 metres.

Surprisingly 2 metre's has been very active with SOTA activity on 146.52 and .58 from the surrounding mountain tops today as well.

-----------------Thunderstorms have now put an end to this, however---------

mciupa

It would be interesting if you could post voice recordings to hear what you sound like.

wx9svr

Premium Subscriber
😒 Great, I've had the song "Key Largo" by Bertie Higgins stuck in my head for a week. 😕 Could be worse, I guess. 🥴