Colorado Springs FD - El Paso Red Dispatch Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed a few changes in CSFD and El Paso Red Dispatches since Jan 1.

1. Engine 19 is now back in service at Station 19 after the transfer to Station 22 earlier.

2. CSFD no longer runs calls on I-25 with Air Force Academy FD. AFAFD runs alone in the old CSFD dual area.

3. Donald Westcott no longer runs with CSFD in Sta 22 area calls

4. Ellicott FD calls are dispatched by EPSO on El Paso Red and their operations on C channels.

Yes they still use their UHF channels and their Ellicott 800 talk group to communicate between themselves, but appears they are no longer associated with Stratmoor Dispatch. Stratmoor FD remains the sole user.

5. I can now pick up Zone 6 South Douglas Tower, CC 853.9375, from downtown up to the Briargate area where I get 5 bars. I plan on further investigating. Last time I did I could not receive this until I got on top of Monument Hill at County Line Rd exit.

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
5. I can now pick up Zone 6 South Douglas Tower, CC 853.9375, from downtown up to the Briargate area where I get 5 bars. I plan on further investigating. Last time I did I could not receive this until I got on top of Monument Hill at County Line Rd exit.

It is actually a Zone 1 site :).

The tower near Palmer Lake was not brought online until mid-September 2016. They also did some additional work as well and added a couple more voice frequencies. It certainly provides a gateway for those in El Paso County and Colorado Springs to hear what is going on next door. It also allows the El Paso County C talkgroups onto it, those to the north might be able to use it to listen in on major happenings from down there.

Last edited:

radio

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected, Spitfire. My bad. Thank you.

No doubt that tower also helps El Paso units when they run north into Douglas and Elbert County.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.