Colorado Springs Fire Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefdistrict11

Premium Subscriber
I ve noticd tonight that i only got command 4 for CSFD, i was not getting primary channel one, or the dispatch channel. I found this odd, as i have noticed for the last few days. I was at home, and heard engine 1 go out on a call, but did not hear the engine being dispatched. That is a major concearn. How do we fix this.

Thank

sking128

Premium Subscriber
I ve noticd tonight that i only got command 4 for CSFD, i was not getting primary channel one, or the dispatch channel. I found this odd, as i have noticed for the last few days. I was at home, and heard engine 1 go out on a call, but did not hear the engine being dispatched. That is a major concearn. How do we fix this.

Thank

Are you still having the problem? I monitor when I am mobile and have not seen this issue. What scanner are you using? Is there a possibility that you have accidently locked out the TG's?

Steve

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
And what site in Colorado Springs are you monitoring?

chiefdistrict11

Premium Subscriber
Well yesterday, i was only listening to command 4 and was wondering why i could not hear channel 1, thats when i realized that i ws only listening to command 4, as i could not hear units being dispatched, only when there was a possible structure fire, and that was the only time i heard comnd because all of the units switched to that channel. and i only have the option the listen to channel 1 when i log on to radio reference, so thats why i cannot access any other channels unless the scanner is scanning through on your end.

Thanks.

You may give me call if you would like or send me an email. But it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks

sking128

Premium Subscriber
Oh, I see now, you were listening to the online feed. Sorry can't help you there. It would be neat to find out where you are listening form though.

Steve

firescannerbob

Feed Provider

Thank

This is my feed you were listening to, and it is (and was) operating fine. It was not stopped on Cmd 4, and was scanning the usual Colorado Springs Talk Groups, to include dispatch, Command 4, 6 and 9.

That scanner also scans fire talk groups for El Paso County, so it is possible that the scanner was stopped on another channel when something was happening on CSFD dispatch, and thats why you didn't hear it.

In any case, while this may be a major concern for you, the feed is not an "official" feed of any sort. I do strive to keep it up and running as well as possible, but it is also subject to the whims of the system it monitors (sites being down,etc, preventing the radio from hearing any traffic for an period of time). It is also subject to my whims, but I try to keep those to a minimum. When I am near the scanner and hear an active incident, I may hold the scanner to that TG for the duration of the incident, but I rarely do that, and haven't done it in some time.

I got your "trouble report" notice, but since you elect not to receive e-mails or private messages, I was unable to respond to you directly. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.

Last edited:

chiefdistrict11

Premium Subscriber
The Feed did it again, while i was listening, i heard nothing on the scanner, then all of a sudden, i heard companies on command 4 going to a structure fire, but did not hear them being dispatched, it was silent for 5 minutes until comand 4 came on, i dont understand it.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
I will monitor the situation...
I have had it running in the background most of the evening while doing other things and can tell by what I am hearing that it is scanning (and not stuck on one channel). Other than that, I am not where the scanner is and can't do anything else right now.

Also, can you provide some times when this is occurring so I can check the archives?

Last edited:

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
I have been monitoring the feed for several hours this morning, double checking the feed scanner with another scanner and a XTS3000, and the feed scanner is working fine.
I'll consider this case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.