Colorado Springs Fire Station 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio

Premium Subscriber
I;ve been hearing dispatches for Engine 23. It appears to be in the Co 8 and 11 area. It started a week or so.

radio

Premium Subscriber
It could be considering where the calls were. However, I have never heard E 23 or any unit running that were not dedicated on the station roster.

The other day I heard them on full structure assignment, but it had a 3rd engine attached to it.

Could this be a new phase of the new recruit training?

I did notice that E 23 had the UIID from E 2 that was just replaced by a new one as well as E 3, 11 and 14.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
It sounds like Engine 23 went in service on March 24th. They might be responding out of the Fire Department Complex, although I am not sure if that has been verified. Given the timing, I would guess that they are a temporary assignment to bolster CSFD's ability to respond to EMS calls.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
Eyesonly, you can still monitor a bit of Denver Fire on the old VHF Vocalarm freq 154.07. It carries station alerting plus a cross-patch from the Dispatch TG (which is still encrypted on the P25 trunk for some secret reason). The Vocalarm only is also in the clear on the P25 Phase 2 trunk on TG 35426.

eyes00only

Eyesonly, you can still monitor a bit of Denver Fire on the old VHF Vocalarm freq 154.07. It carries station alerting plus a cross-patch from the Dispatch TG (which is still encrypted on the P25 trunk for some secret reason). The Vocalarm only is also in the clear on the P25 Phase 2 trunk on TG 35426.
I do sometimes punch in 154.07. It's been around forever. Didn't know about the Vocalarm but I'm pretty sure it's just dispatch. It's a bummer to hear the dispatch and nothing else.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
And now the P25 TG 35426 has disappeared from the Denver trunk. I have no idea why it's gone, but for now, only the 154.07 is available to us mere mortals.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Are you listening on the simulcast site array or the Mt Morrison site? 35426 randomly shows up on Mt. Morrison and has been full time on the simulcast array.

radio

Premium Subscriber
Living inside the city limits, I listen to the City of Colorado Springs and El Paso County on the Simulcast 853.7125 using a Yagi antenna attached to my radios.

jbeen

Feed Provider
@scanlist From my observation, the last transmission of Denver TG 35426 on the P25 Simulcast array was at 02:10 on 4/4/20. There hasn't been anything since then. If you're hearing the VocAlarm on the P25 system since 4/4, we'd love to know more. :)
(I'm not tracking the Mt. Morrison site - I'll leave that for someone else to confirm.)

icemantim8

Premium Subscriber
I appreciate our neighbors to the North....but you totally hijacked a thread that is specific to the Colorado Springs Fire Department...... lol :)

radio

Premium Subscriber
I saw Engine 23 parked in front of a bay door at the Training Facility Complex on Printers Parkway.

They have been running their wheels off too.

Still haven't heard or seen anything about its official opening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.