Colorado state patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

rckydenver

Well, with that Pro 164 scanner you will not get the states DTRS, you will need a digital scanner that gets P25.

DTRS Digital Trunked Radio System

rckydenver

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone shoe me how to set up a DTRS system on my pro 164 scanner :)

Nope Miser the Pro-164 will not scan a P25 digital system such as the DTRS but there some discontinued Pro-96/2096 on-sale these days.

Jim<

Misermurphy

that's not cool my wife is upsat now because this was a Christmas present for me and she didn't get the right one. Damn you Radio Shack for telling her it would work.

Thayne

I think they will take it back & refund for 30 days if I am not mistaken--

nathancarlson

At least you found this website! The people here in the Colorado Forum are VERY helpful and will get you going once you get the right scanner! We also have fun get togethers and are able to help each other out. I would highly suggest looking at someone elses file for a programming software and get an idea, and then customize it to suit your own needs. Programming a trunking scanner by hand is extremely difficult so I suggest you look into the software, and you can easily import what you want from this website. The State DTRS system is quite complicated but they have made it easier, so check out the wiki and the coverage maps to get an idea what sites you need for your area.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
that's not cool my wife is upsat now because this was a Christmas present for me and she didn't get the right one. Damn you Radio Shack for telling her it would work.

You are more than welcome to visit my RadioShack to exchange it for a radio that will work and I will program it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.