Colorado / Wyoming Interoperability Testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFsponge

Greetings everyone,

As of this writing, CSP is sending at least one Trooper up Hwy 287 in Larimer County to the Wyoming border, and an aircraft thats been assigned a digital simplex channel, for "testing" in preparation for an event next week.

Anyone have knowledge of the interoperability capabilities, if any, between DTRS/FRCC and Wyolink? Or would the operation simply employ simplex freqs? And any ideas on what next week's "event" might be?

As always, thanks much in advance.

Rob

RFsponge

Gads. I appear to have placed this thread in Incidents and Breaking News. Sorry. Can a moderator please move it over to the Colorado discussion board? Thanks.

Rob

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I think there might be a cross system talkgroup between DTRS and WyoLink that's listed in DTRS as WY-CO 1-4 (TG 9463-9466) that showed up a little over a year ago. I don't know any of the details of those talkgroups and I don't think the Wyoming side of the talkgroups have been identified as of yet. I also know some of the Wyoming agencies have been asking about getting radios on DTRS for mutual aid asking for the simplex STAC, MAC, and NWF talkgroups. It wouldn't hurt to also check out some of the national mutual aid 8TAC/VCALL/VTAC/VLAW frequencies as well.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps 2 years ago I heard an interoperability test in the late afternoon (during rush hour - to the CSP's annoyance) Was something like Casper Wyoming talking to CSP for test purposes.

I was driving at the time so didn't capture TG.

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
And any ideas on what next week's "event" might be?
Could very well be a cooperative effort for the Memorial Day weekend DUI/Seatbelt marathon.

Speaking of seatbelt marathons, Longmont TAC1 has been busy, busy, busy with different traffic enforcement posts around town the last week or so, pulling them over in droves. I never get in early enough to hear any of the specific locations. Anyone else catch locations? Probably made the entire department's monthly budget in fines this last week. They were coupling that with what I believe were citations for 1mph over the limit (26 in a 25, for example). Tough traveling around here for some folks.

That 'event' is National Seat Belt Enforcement Mobilization as declared by the NHTSA, and lasts May 19 through June 1, 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.