Columbia county channel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gahunter33

Just noticed this morning that channel 1 (155.655) is back in use after being quiet for several weeks. Just giving a heads up. ;)

SCPD

QRT
Ditto. I noticed that also. I still wonder why they moved their channel one ops to channel three for that period of time. Maybe the techs were gearing up for the new 800mhz system by installing equipment on the transmit tower locations for channel one?

gahunter33

Im not sure what is going on...lol....everytime I speak to someone who works for the county or on their sites, I get different answers. Last person I spoke to a few days ago said channel one was down while they installed 5 new transmitters but was clueless about them already having freq's allocated in the 800 range. I guess one day we will find out wont we? :D In my position though, listening with the pro 95, Im kinda hoping they will be next year before starting up the 800 system. I want to see if any new digital trunking scanners come out for a decent price before they get it going so I can shop around for one after the rebanding is done here. If not, I do like the pro 96 too so, I will just have to wait and see how things shake out.

SCPD

QRT
I noticed, yesterday, that channel two wasn't used at all and now channel three is back handling alot of routine traffic. I'm assuming whatever they were doing with channel one is now taking place with channel two?? I'm leaning toward the equipment upgrade theory....

Status
Not open for further replies.