Columbia PD Channel 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
I just heard Columbia PD say keep chsnnel 3 clear for traffic. Does anyone know what channel 3 frequency is?

colfire3

They were talking about alt dispatch 453.92500. I am sorry I don't have the PL here with me at the fire hall but it is channel 3 in the new radios.

colfire3

Maury Rural Fire is looking at a new system. I am not sure which route they are going but at one time a vendor was pushing a Moto TRBO system. Columbia Fire, Police and Public Works are looking into a 800mhz P25 but it is not out for bid yet. The Sheriff's Office is also looking at a Moto TRBO. The issue according to TEMA who helped get the grant is that all systems must be p25 in order to use grant money. Maury Rural has purposed a DTMF switch that will allow the TRBO to communicate with TEMA and other agencies. The issue is a single point of failure which means if the switch goes out no interop. We should know something about Maury Rural in a couple of weeks. If they go TRBO so will the S.O. The city seems to be the only one who has made it clear NO TRBO! I will post more info as it comes.

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
Columbia PD channel #3

I had that listed as channel #2. I don't here 453.925 used to much lately.

colfire3

It was old Channel 2 in old radios. New Channel 3 in the new ones. Also you might want to plug in the UHF interop channels listed in the DB. They new radios have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.