Columbus Fire Automated Dispatch question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfd24norf

Hello, I am in Virginia and listen to Columbus every now and then, I was aware they had switched to automated dispatch, not a fan of it, but it does sound better than some others I have heard. Anyhow, last couple have days I have noticed that there has been a live dispatcher and not automated. Prior to this past week, everytime I have listened it has been automated dispatch. Anyone know why they are back to using a live dispatcher?? Did they have a problem?? Thanks in advance for anyone who knows!!!!!!

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
The Automated Dispatch is called Locution and is used by a bit more departments than i had previously thought.

Dallas had alot of issues with theirs being software it can go down, so that is probably what happened

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Columbus Fire Automated Locution Off-Air, For Now

Has anyone else noticed CFD's automated dispatching "voice" on 10 FIRE has been off the air for the past four days or so? It gives me a feeling of nostalgia hearing the dispatchers dispatching runs themselves, haha. I'm sure this is only temporary though.

EDIT: I didn't notice before I posted this thread, but someone else already posted a thread about this issue. I appologize for the double-post.

Last edited:

dustymedic

Premium Subscriber
It crashed. It would still make routine PA messages over the hard wire station PAs ("assemble for roll call"), but everytime they tried to send a dispatch message, it gave an error message. It's back up now. BTW, MECC (regional fire dispatch center for the Eastern burbs) is in the process of having the same system (Locution) installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.