Columbus Fire/Police Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaded

Feed Provider
I'd be happy to provide another feed, if provided with a scanner (I'm in NW Cbus). Perhaps we need to start a Kickstarter project to raise money to buy scanners? If fifteen people donated $5 each, that'd be enough to get a basic trunking scanner off eBay...

trainer

Feed Provider
I was told by several people when I started up Zone 2 that the "A" "B" etc were considered tactical. That is why I am only broadcasting the dispatch, and the former Zone1-5 broadcaster only broadcast dispatch.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I'd be happy to provide another feed, if provided with a scanner (I'm in NW Cbus). Perhaps we need to start a Kickstarter project to raise money to buy scanners? If fifteen people donated $5 each, that'd be enough to get a basic trunking scanner off eBay...

I'd be careful about spending money on a non-digital trunking scanner. Within the next couple of years everyone in Franklin County who hasn't already will be starting the migration to digital, which will make non-digital scanners useless.

ibagli

Even if A, B, etc. aren't considered tactical, they're probably not considered dispatch or special events. (Sometime last year, the rule was narrowed to exclude "any [law enforcement] channels or talkgroups that are not routine dispatch or special events related.")

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Even if A, B, etc. aren't considered tactical, they're probably not considered dispatch or special events. (Sometime last year, the rule was narrowed to exclude "any [law enforcement] channels or talkgroups that are not routine dispatch or special events related.")

They are considered "car-to-car", which are also prohibited.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
They are considered "car-to-car", which are also prohibited.

Correct, and I've just verified that with the powers-that be. Dispatch channels only, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.