Columbus/Harris 800 rebanded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoke eater

Hey all,

I have desperately tried to reprogram my 898t to pick up the Harris County (Columbus consolidated TRS) system with no success. This from a long time scanner guy who knows how to program one.

I have downloaded the firmware update, and tried to go the CC Only route.

When it does track, there is no voice. I have followed the instructions on the firmware update page, the BCT8 page and the Grove page, but I'm missing something somewhere.

Do I still need to enter all the voice channels? It stopped picking up on the old setup long ago, so I thought Cols. had rebanded, as well as the note on the Csg TRS database page that says that it has been rebanded.

Any ideas?

DC

Columbvs pulled one over on us... After they rebanded, the decided to go digital and they also switched systems. Columbus can now be found on the LaGrange/Troup County System. Site 3 is where you'll find Columbus and Harris County. Happy Scanning... DC

mlfd612

Thanks DC...but...

Does that mean my 898T won't receive voice?

I have programmed site 3 and tried under all 4 plans, but still tracking with no voice.

What is the correct plan (1-4)? Maybe that's it.

Thanks for the help too, this is perturbing me because I have been a scanner nut for years, and can't figure this one out.

I do have a digital handheld scanning Benning P-25, so I'm sure I can do this with the right inputs in the right order, it's just hard figuring that out.

Again, thx for any help!

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Columbus

MLFD - I believe the Uniden 898T is an ANALOG scanner. May be wrong but I believe the bad news here is that you're going to have to either rely on your digital handheld (396T/XT ?) or splurge for a base/mobile digitial.

mlfd612

Hey there Brother,

I thought that too, but my limited research shows that the voice transmissions are still analog on the smart zone.

It may not matter, the Harris Co. EMS talkgroups are not listed on this system, so they may still be on the old system, I'm thinking.

Heck, I don't know. I hate change!

k4sgt

Harris County talkgroups are analog even though they are on the "new" 4.1 SmartZone system. There are no plans to make them digital. There are also no users on the old SmartNet system. I am shutting the SmartNet system off very soon. Sorry that I can't point you on how to set up your scanner, this is out of my area of expertise.

mlfd612

Thanks K4sgt, that will save me some time and effort. Would you happen to know the talkgroup ID's for Harris Co. EMS?

Thanks!

k4sgt

I am feeling generous, but you will have to convert it to whatever format your scanner wants.

Decimal ID = 800329

mlfd612

Thanks all...sorry to have wasted your time with apparently amateur questions.

People used to bring scanners to me to program for them, now I'm the dummy I suppose. A lack of clear instructions is a problem the manufacturers have had for some time now.

Still no voice tracking...just the five dashes laughing at me. Maybe I'll get a second job and go buy a Home Patrol.

kmakin

Columbus,Ga. Fire/EMS Rebaning

Does any one have the new info for the Columbus,Ga. Fire/EMS rebaning?

Julian1

Columbus, GA - Muscogee County / Harris County

Update for Muscogee-Columbus Consolidated Govt - Harris County that are now "Site 3" of what began as just the Lagrange-Troup System.

Today I "searched" on the lower ridge of Pine Mountain near Callaway Gardens. I did the same in Columbus last weekend.

Troup-Harris-Muscogee / System I.D. BC26h

Site 3 appears to consist of all the tower sites used previously by Harris-Muscogee-Columbus TRS. Those towers are now linked together as Site 3.

The control channel used today and last weekend is 852.1125 Mhz.

851.61250.... 852.08750c... 852.11250c... 852.37500c.. 852.83750... 853.13750... 853.16250... 853.82500
854.43750c 855.08750

Motorola Type-2/P25 Mixed Mode 3600 baud / Both analog & digital talkgroups are used.

** Talkgroups with 5-digits (32816 for example) are Digital
Talkgroups with 2, 3, or 4-digits (3344 for example) are Analog

When in doubt, set your audio to "ALL"

Columbus Fire is also has digital talkgroups.

COLUMBUS POLICE
32784....CPD SECTOR A
32816....CPD SECTOR B
32848....CPD SECTOR C
32880....CPD DMV (Info warrant checks)
32912....CPD TAC 1
32944....CPD TAC 2
3536......CPD ADMIN
33008....CPD DECTV
3280......CPD SPEC 1
3312......CPD SPEC 2
3344......CPD SPEC 3
3376......CPD SPEC 4

33456.....Muscogee SO

Columbus Ambulances
3472......EMS to HOSPITAL (ANALOG)
3504......EMS to HOSPITAL (ANALOG)
34320....EMS DISPATCH (DIGITAL)

5136.....HARRIS CO S.O (& PD's)
5264.....HARRIS CO EMS

mlfd612

Julian,

Thank you so much for the comprehensive response and the "leg work".

Believe me, you have helped more than just myself with your reply. Kudos to you, sir.

Have a great one!

Julian1

Columbus/Muscogee-Harris-Troup TRS

Glad it was of help.

Credit must go to another for posting to the Radio Reference Database, all of those Columbus Police talkgroups.

I'll try to capture TG's for the Fire Dept next time I travel that way.

Others who work/travel regularly in Muscogee-Columbus may be able to capture and post more info.

Thanks to everyone who contributes.

Hopefully I can attend the Columbus Scanning Presentation K4SGT wrote about recently.

mlfd612

Just FYI, we do not use the 800 Mhz system much for fire dispatch in Harris County.
We are still on the VHF at 154.430. Some departments do have the 800 radio in their trucks, but we never use them, other than radio checks.

Have a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.