Columbus IN import error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerk

Columbus Indiana public safety system has two errors, it has a fleet map which is incorrect.
Second, using WinXX there is an XML import error that pops up several times and the frequencies do not import.

jerk

Update your software & check the programming forums

Win96 is updated to the latest version... Win500 was not
Time to buy something else, I don't have time to keep checking for updates.
still an error in the Fleetmap, there should not be one.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I am leaving this topic in this forum although it really has nothing to do with the database per se. The software error you are experiencing is explained by the link supplied by AlabamaRS above.

Your assertion that the "fleetmap" is incorrect for the system seems confusing. The only Motorola system that I can find in Columbus, IN is the Columbus Public Safety TRS. It is a Motorola Type II system, which has a predefined fleetmap and therefore the database does not have a fleetmap attached at all; therefore, it cannot have an error.

Perhaps if you explained in more detail what you are seeing that leads you think there is an error, we could further explain what you are seeing.

DonS

Your assertion that the "fleetmap" is incorrect for the system seems confusing. The only Motorola system that I can find in Columbus, IN is the Columbus Public Safety TRS. It is a Motorola Type II system, which has a predefined fleetmap and therefore the database does not have a fleetmap attached at all; therefore, it cannot have an error.

The database does, in fact, have a fleet map defined for sid 304. It doesn't appear on the "web view" of the system (i.e. the link above), but it most definitely appears in the XML data returned via the SOAP interface.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The database does, in fact, have a fleet map defined for sid 304. It doesn't appear on the "web view" of the system (i.e. the link above), but it most definitely appears in the XML data returned via the SOAP interface.
Hmm, maybe it formerly was a Type I or a Hybrid, but in any case once it is marked as a Type II, why would programming software acknowledge any defunct fleetmap? Just to be clear, once it is marked as a Type II, there is no access to a fleetmap in the DB Admin interface. As far as anyone (DB Admins included) there is no fleetmap attached to this system.

Don: Perhaps this is something that needs to be addressed on the WebService group.

alphabravo1: I apologize, but as I have stated there is no way to see the fleetmap that seems to show up in Don's software, neither from the web page or inside the DB Admin interface on the system, so it cannot be changed.

DonS

Hmm, maybe it formerly was a Type I or a Hybrid, but in any case once it is marked as a Type II, why would programming software acknowledge any defunct fleetmap?

I don't think programming software can reliably make the decision on its own. That is, how is programming software able to choose between "the 'flavor' is wrong, and the fleetmap is good" vs. "the 'flavor' is correct, and we should ignore the fleetmap"?

Don: Perhaps this is something that needs to be addressed on the WebService group.

I agree. I'll suggest to Lindsay that the getTrsDetails call not return a fleetmap unless it's necessary (though I don't know how his code would make any such "valid" decision, either).

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I don't think programming software can reliably make the decision on its own. That is, how is programming software able to choose between "the 'flavor' is wrong, and the fleetmap is good" vs. "the 'flavor' is correct, and we should ignore the fleetmap"?
Fair enough assumption from your point of view.

I agree. I'll suggest to Lindsay that the getTrsDetails call not return a fleetmap unless it's necessary (though I don't know how his code would make any such "valid" decision, either).
I would guess that the assumption has to be made that if it is Type II, there is no fleetmap. An alternative would be to clear the fleetmap when it is changed to Type II in the DB, but does that mean you still get a blank one from the getTrsDetails call? What about other Type II systems? Just free thinking here, BTW.

DonS

I've released new versions of the WinXX apps that now "ignore" the fleetmap data returned by RadioReference if the "flavor" indicates Type-II.

jerk

I am leaving this topic in this forum although it really has nothing to do with the database per se. The software error you are experiencing is explained by the link supplied by AlabamaRS above.

Perhaps if you explained in more detail what you are seeing that leads you think there is an error, we could further explain what you are seeing.

It says Type II, I know it is Type II, but when importing using win97, win96, win500 it maps a fleetmap for a Type I system, but that is easy enough to fix by changing parameters to Type II after import. So? Maybe later I'll check in Freescan and see what happens when using that program.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
As discussed by Don and I in the previous posts, this is probably a remnant of a previous Type I or Type IIi (hybrid) system. Don has revised his software to ignore this, I have placed a "trouble" ticket in our bug tracking system to address this from the DB side. Thanks for finding this.

jerk

As discussed by Don and I in the previous posts, this is probably a remnant of a previous Type I or Type IIi (hybrid) system. Don has revised his software to ignore this, I have placed a "trouble" ticket in our bug tracking system to address this from the DB side. Thanks for finding this.

Yes, I don't remember if it was a Hybrid previously.
I downloaded the Winxx updates, Freescan worked fine if that gives anybody a clue as to why or how. it's beyond me, but then again so is 4 + 4 = 8 :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.