Columbus, Large Emergency Drill Sunday September 30th Near Polaris Mall

Status
Not open for further replies.

poormr

Premium Subscriber
Starting at 8:00am on Sunday September 30th and through the day, there will be a training exercise near the Polaris Mall with hundreds of first responders. This will include tactical teams, or SWAT teams, from Delaware County, the Ohio Highway Patrol, Franklin County, Columbus Police, and the FBI. Patrol officers, firefighters, bomb squads, and Homeland Security will also participate.

If any of the Central Ohio scanner enthusiasts are able to listen to this exercise, please post your listening frequencies and any information on this event.

fyrfyter33

Starting at 8:00am on Sunday September 30th and through the day, there will be a training exercise near the Polaris Mall with hundreds of first responders. This will include tactical teams, or SWAT teams, from Delaware County, the Ohio Highway Patrol, Franklin County, Columbus Police, and the FBI. Patrol officers, firefighters, bomb squads, and Homeland Security will also participate.

If any of the Central Ohio scanner enthusiasts are able to listen to this exercise, please post your listening frequencies and any information on this event.

Maybe all their talkgroups will be encrypted... [emoji848]

jasonhouk

Anyone in the area might want to search and see if one of the mobile towers is deployed for this drill.

Houk

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

poormr

Premium Subscriber
I am sure you are correct with encryption. I would believe the MARCS-IP system would have most of the event communications with command, coordination and execution. Scanning in search mode may get a wealth of Talk Group ID's. I think another good listening source would be the TV news organizations (Ch 4,6 and 10) and low power law and fire communications. Using "close call" (if you are in the area) may pick up some unknown frequencies Also, LifeFliight, Survival Flight, OSP or CPH helicopters. Federal communications and other unnamed frequencies may be a good listening source. Don't forget a new visual gathering source is drones with coordination of their activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.