Columbus Ohio Police Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancer123

Hello,

I am new to scanners and have the Home Patrol Scanner. I like to listen to the Columbus Police channels. My question: Are all the channels listed within the Sentinel software which the officers use? Often times I hear a transmission from an officer indicating that he/she is going to channel xyz for a few minutes. I can't seem to find the channel to continue hearing the action. I have every channel for Columbus Police programmed and Service activated which the software offers. Are there some channels the police use are scanners can't pic up?

Thanks in advance,

Lance

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Currently all Columbus channels can be received on an analog trunk-tracker scanner. Each zone has "back" channels A thru E and there are quite a number of other channels.

Look at the system page and compare the talk groups to the HP info. I have noticed that the HP alpha tags are different than the RR database tags. (you can match up the talk group numbers).

On my XT scanners I just program in everything and lockout all but the dispatch, traffic, and SWAT channels. Then if someone changes channels I just hold on that channel. I also program in the wildcard ( i0 ), which allows me to listen to private calls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.