Columbus PD football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q101ATFD

Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2004
Messages
37
If you haven't noticed yet, the summer initiative is officially over - as of last week, so no more "SP" cars until next summer...

However, it is that time of year when all the students are back at OSU, so starting this week, CPD is pulling midwatch cars
from Zones 3 and 5 down to campus on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. In addition, the CPD-OSU PD special will continue
again this year on home game nights.

Its good listening on the scanner. As usual, 4 pct will be operating on 4E, with the rest of Zone 4 on the main air. Happy listening...
 

KCChiefs9690

CQ DX
Joined
Mar 20, 2004
Messages
1,795
Location
Lewis Center, OH
Thanks for the update, I will be listening to those talkgroups. I didn't even know 4 pct operated off 4E. What exactly are midwatch cars? I don't really follow police terminology that well, fire listening is my thing. ;)
 

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Lead Database Admin
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
5,419
Location
Ohio
KCChiefs9690 said:
Thanks for the update, I will be listening to those talkgroups. I didn't even know 4 pct operated off 4E. What exactly are midwatch cars? I don't really follow police terminology that well, fire listening is my thing. ;)
Usually 7pm to 3am duty hours.
 

Q101ATFD

Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2004
Messages
37
Midwatch cars run on both 7pm to 3am (five 8-hour shifts), and 6pm to 4am (4/10's) depending on the zone/pct. As for the
identifiers, x6 and x7 are midwatch cruisers and x8 is the midwatch wagon, where 'x' is the pct number.

Sorry, I should have been more specific - 4 pct only operates on 4E during home football nights and other special
occasions (e.g. Heritage Fest).
 
Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Lead Database Admin
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
5,419
Location
Ohio
Q101ATFD said:
Midwatch cars run on both 7pm to 3am (five 8-hour shifts), and 6pm to 4am (4/10's) depending on the zone/pct. As for the identifiers, x6 and x7 are midwatch cruisers and x8 is the midwatch wagon, where 'x' is the pct number.
Actually, x8 is nearly always the wagon, no matter which shift.
 

16b

Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
482
Location
Central Ohio
wa8pyr said:
Actually, x8 is nearly always the wagon, no matter which shift.
I think he meant to say that x9 is usually the midwatch wagon. At least that's been my experience.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top