Columbus PD football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q101ATFD

If you haven't noticed yet, the summer initiative is officially over - as of last week, so no more "SP" cars until next summer...

However, it is that time of year when all the students are back at OSU, so starting this week, CPD is pulling midwatch cars
from Zones 3 and 5 down to campus on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. In addition, the CPD-OSU PD special will continue
again this year on home game nights.

Its good listening on the scanner. As usual, 4 pct will be operating on 4E, with the rest of Zone 4 on the main air. Happy listening...

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update, I will be listening to those talkgroups. I didn't even know 4 pct operated off 4E. What exactly are midwatch cars? I don't really follow police terminology that well, fire listening is my thing. ;)

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
KCChiefs9690 said:
Thanks for the update, I will be listening to those talkgroups. I didn't even know 4 pct operated off 4E. What exactly are midwatch cars? I don't really follow police terminology that well, fire listening is my thing. ;)

Usually 7pm to 3am duty hours.

Q101ATFD

Midwatch cars run on both 7pm to 3am (five 8-hour shifts), and 6pm to 4am (4/10's) depending on the zone/pct. As for the
identifiers, x6 and x7 are midwatch cruisers and x8 is the midwatch wagon, where 'x' is the pct number.

Sorry, I should have been more specific - 4 pct only operates on 4E during home football nights and other special
occasions (e.g. Heritage Fest).

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Q101ATFD said:
Midwatch cars run on both 7pm to 3am (five 8-hour shifts), and 6pm to 4am (4/10's) depending on the zone/pct. As for the identifiers, x6 and x7 are midwatch cruisers and x8 is the midwatch wagon, where 'x' is the pct number.

Actually, x8 is nearly always the wagon, no matter which shift.

16b

Premium Subscriber
wa8pyr said:
Actually, x8 is nearly always the wagon, no matter which shift.
I think he meant to say that x9 is usually the midwatch wagon. At least that's been my experience.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
rs96 said:
What does the SP stand for in the first post where he said no more SP cars???
I forget what it stands for, but they were the cars used during the summertime, used as support to the normal cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.