Columbus Police,Sherif, Safe-T ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all great support here. anyways,pretty much im just wanting to listen to Columbus Police and Sheriff and i see that their all using the Safe-T system so i programed in the control,alt control freqs and the additional 16 they had listed for Barth County. is that all i need or is there others i dont know about ? I hear there may be other freqs out there that they use for backup. if anyone thinks those are worth having i would be thrilled to be linked to them. Thanks!

Yaris07

CPD and Sheriff

All is safe -t and for back up they go to 800 analog.All is in the data base. I'm here in Columbus.

I supose plan 2 applies to our area then so correct me if im wrong. As far as talkgroups, i think im going to go ahead and program all thats listed in the DB but just out of being curious and though i think i already know the answer,Aside from giving you the ability to scan your "favorites" does programing talkgroups into the scanner have any other advantages as far as increasing my chances of picking up the freqs or is it pretty much just for the "favorites" and quick identification so we dont get confused when each is active ? I have actually read the scanner manual twice and still confused on a few things but im waiting to gain more from just pure experience and maybe a few questions from time to time. funny because i think thats the first time that i have read every page in any kind of manual, usually i just find the specifics on what im looking for and let it collect dust.

BTW 800 analog, i assume your talking about the old 810.462 etc.. ?

VASCAR2

Depending on if your scanner is Radio Shack Pro digital or Uniden Bearcat the scanner offer a method to listen only to talk groups you have saved or will receive any talkgroup that goes through the tower. Bearcat calls this ID search to hear all talk groups and ID scan to only listen to talk groups you do not have locked out. Radio Shack refers to Open and Closed scanning. I use ID search and try to identify all talk groups. Once Identified like Indiana DOT I might then lock the talk group out. If the weather is bad or something is going on where I want to listen I just unlock that talk group. Analog can be heard over the same sites as digital. Vincennes/knox County had an analog radios on Safe T however Safe T is capable of repeating digital and analog. Digital is basically transmitted in 1's & 0's and supposedly makes batteries in handheld radios last longer plus provide high quality audio.

Last edited:

Yaris07

Columbus

I have bank 1 as analog and bank 2 as digital. It works for me. I keep them seperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.