com port help find

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello im trying to find which port i have so i can try to download firmware for 500 im doing what the instructions say click start- settings- control panel. after control panel it says select system i do not see system any help on this. ive tried this several times there is no system. thanks for any help frank

trimmerj

A lot of the newer computers no longer have serial com ports. Look for a db-9 connector on the back of the computer. If there's none, you will need a usb to serial converter.

n2mdk

OK try this right-clicking on My Computer, selecting Properties, and selecting the Device Manager tab.
You need to go into Ports COM & LPT, make sure the cable is plugged into the computer.

Last edited:

Flatshovel

Hello,
Make sure you load the software first and then plug in the programming cable into one of the usb ports and see if the software loads first. Afer that you should be able to right click on the My Computer Icon on the disktop and go to properites and then go to the device manager tab. In the list you should see see a + sign next to the com ports listed in the list, click on it and it should be in the list under the other com ports there. If it is a usb cable that you have (mine is) it shold be higher in number than com port 1 (mine is com5)
If you have any questions or need more help please feel free to contact me with a PM.

Take care and good luck!!

Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.