• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Com Port Splitteer

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8PBX

Are you talking about a comm port switch?

Since I only have a single serial port on my PC, I use a 4 port DB-9 (ABCD) switch to control multiple scanners. It's a bit of a cabling frenzy, but works just fine. Here's a link so you can see what it looks like: 4 Port Switch also one on eBay HERE

Last edited:

webstar22

Premium Subscriber
This was the post: Is there any chance of having support for more than 10 serial ports? I run serial splitting software/driver so that i can keep the feed up while making quick changes with the ARC250.

morfis

webstar22 said:
This was the post: Is there any chance of having support for more than 10 serial ports? I run serial splitting software/driver so that i can keep the feed up while making quick changes with the ARC250.
If you mean a switch box that will connect your single PC com port to 10 external devices then it's unlikely to be a common item. There were 2 and 8-postion versionsof th switch boxes available years ago but the 8-port ones seem rare now. I put a pci serial card in each of my "radio" PCs so they each have 9 actual com ports available. I still use a couple of the switch boxes to swap between some other lesser used kit.

RISC777

webstar22 said:
If you're looking at a hardware solution, there are cards that will provide up to 16 serial ports on that one card.

Alternative is to daisy chain external switch boxes, but that could be a giant pain in the neck not to count the cost of serial cables or/and gender benders.

Status
Not open for further replies.