Com ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
When trying to connect different radios to the computer I always have communication issues. If I disconnect one and move to another I get com port in use by another program. Even after I check that all are closed. Sometimes I think I need 1 computer for 1 scanner. I am ready to shove the com port up the computers fan exhaust grille. Do I need to connect them all at once and then never disconnect them? Ha. Right now I am only trying to program a BCD436hp and an old BC246T. However I also have the BCT 8 and a 536.

Chris0516

When trying to connect different radios to the computer I always have communication issues. If I disconnect one and move to another I get com port in use by another program. Even after I check that all are closed. Sometimes I think I need 1 computer for 1 scanner. I am ready to shove the com port up the computers fan exhaust grille. Do I need to connect them all at once and then never disconnect them? Ha. Right now I am only trying to program a BCD436hp and an old BC246T. However I also have the BCT 8 and a 536.
What software are you using? It isn't 1 PC=1 Scanner. It should be 1 piece of software = 1 Scanner

Translation, You need 16 copies of software, for 16 different scanners

That is why you are encountering the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.