Comal County SO Going Digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidbond21

Hey guys, I was looking around in the archive and found a thread I started almost a year ago to the day(actually 8-9-07). Basically I was told then that the Comal County Sheriff's Office was going P25 and that deputies were being handed out the new digital radios.

But this was a year ago and though I haven't been monitoring them as much as I could, I've yet to see(I have Pro-96 and I usually try to keep it where I can see the display) any digital transmissions come across. Do I need to just listen to the scanner more, or was there some implementation problem, or is it something I just haven't been privilege to yet? Any and all help on the matter is appreciated.

Here is the original thread:
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77932

davidbond21

Well damn. I've been wondering what they've been spending all of my (ticket)money on. Maybe if they pull me over a couple more times we can get their system up and running.

TXEMT

Heard on 156.000 couple weeks ago a unit and dispatcher go to what sounded like Digital P25 for a conversation then back to analog, it was not there old voice inversion or encryption they use to use years ago was definitly P25 digital only heard it one time, rest of the radio traffic was analog like always.

Montz816

Emergency Communications
Premium Subscriber
CSO is being operated on LCRA EDACS and has not said anything about going P25 being that we can patch any channel to other city county or federal. Plus LCRA has room to grow in our network and add or upgrade any group.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
CSO is being operated on LCRA EDACS and has not said anything about going P25 being that we can patch any channel to other city county or federal. Plus LCRA has room to grow in our network and add or upgrade any group.

Can you state where you got this info from? The RR DB does not show any TGs for CCSO or CC Fire. I know they have an antenna site but as far as I knew they were still operating on their conventional analog channels found here:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2568

Can you confirm that CC agencies have been moved to LCRA- I've heard them operating on their conventional channels as recently as yesterday.

davidbond21

There is one LCRA talkgroup(1369) for CCSO, but that is a patch to their primary channel(155.595). They are still on conventional as far as I know listening to them.

I don't even know if the EDACS system could serve CCSO too well. I remember talking to a deputy, a few years back, and him telling me that there are number of places in the county, because of the terrain, you don't get any radio or cell phone signals at all. Plus I can sit here in my office in San Antonio by the airport and listen to CCSO just fine(most of the time). I can only hear NBPD(clearly) till about Cibolo Hubertus rd on 35.

Montz816

Emergency Communications
Premium Subscriber
As far as I know on my radio group I have Comal SO and NBPD plus back channels this may be due to my radio also LPE-200

Montz816

Emergency Communications
Premium Subscriber
Also like the response above many of our channels are patches being we work most of texas.

davidbond21

I'm curious. Who manages the CCSO radio network? Not LCRA is it? I would think they would only administer their EDACS system and I can understand them taking care of setting it up to communicate with non-LCRA systems(like CCSO), but I wouldn't guess they would handle other conventional systems for agencies(though I don't know).

Status
Not open for further replies.