Comal Cty

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I recently moved from Comal Co though when I did leave they were still running everything thhrough the LCRA EDACS. I heard rumor they were going digital (and that officers already had their new radios as of last summer and were making the switch), though when I'm commuting through New B I'm still getting stuff on both channels 1 & 2. My friend says he's not getting anything on his 97 (but I think that's his own problem)- he claims that not everything has switched yet. Anybody in that area know the current status?

TXEMT

Last I had heard they were going to keep the current channel lineup on vhf but just go digital P25 and they have always had SO channel 1 patched to the comal lcra site, I was told in January they were being issued xts portables but haven't heard anything else since

mike_webb59

If I understand correctly from another RR contributor, the radios are distributed, but encryption is not used. SO, Fire and even the ISD Buses were in the clear all weekend and this morning on my way up to Bryan.

I did notice that it seems to take a base station (now) to pick them up when I scan. Can't pick them up with handhelds.

TXEMT

i can pick them up on an HT here on the northside of SA and I am over by the airport, only like two bars max but Ch. 2 seems to come in a little better, guess since the repeater is up around the Bulverde area same with fire. Guess they are waiting on the final go ahead to flip on the P25,

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
been listening

I've been trying to listen a lot harder to strictly CCSO since I've posted. I notice I am only hearing Ch. 2 when I pass through but like ya'll suggested probably b/c the repeater is so close to the highway. Definitely not digital-

Status
Not open for further replies.