Comal Plans On Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
article in the morning paper, Comal county says:

Comal County has received much more than $1 million and more is expected to upgrade command and control, communications, hazardous material handing and decontamination and emergency notification — $1.4 million in 2004-95 alone and an as-yet undetermined amount of grant money in 2006.

The county has a decontamination trailer, a mobile command post, new communication repeater towers and is in the process of upgrading its dispatch terminals and all of its radio communications — and equipment is being added that will enable the county to make the transition into digital communication late this year or early next. That equipment includes a system that will allow its radios to communicate with those of other outside local, state and federal agencies.

Premium Subscriber
Interesting,,,correct me if I am wrong, but Comal SO and New Braunfels PD/Fire on 900 mhz LCRA system. Out in the county, Fire dept and ems are on vhf conventional analog, so the big questions is...IS the whole county going to some sort of digital comms or are they gonna stay seperated and they are just going to upgrade the VHF to P 25? Anybody have more details?

n4voxgill

Silent Key
only New Braunfels on LCRA, the sheriffs office is still on VHF. I don't think New Braunfels will change, and looks like the sheriffs office is going to copy the DPS change over to digital VHF. The SO does use scrambling at times on the exisiting system. Its not inversion as you don't hear donald duck.

otter9309

Only county comms will change to dig. The legacy repeaters have been replaced. The new repeaters are already up, and running in mixed mode. The FD's will more than likely stay analog for $$$ reasons. Many of the SO and Bulverde units are getting XTS HH's now.

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
Actually SO South is on 10-111 as well as some DPS units on the Comal and New Braunfels LCRA systems. I hear them every morning while working in New Braunfels.

Status
Not open for further replies.