Combat Air Patrol activity in Atlanta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WK4U

Premium Subscriber
I copied the frequencies listed in January MT magazine (pg 52) for the mil-air combat air patrol. I'm new to mil-air, so don't know if there's a bunch of this activity around Atlanta/North Georgia or not?

So far, I ain't hearin' nuthin.

Tim

N8IAA

I copied the frequencies listed in January MT magazine (pg 52) for the mil-air combat air patrol. I'm new to mil-air, so don't know if there's a bunch of this activity around Atlanta/North Georgia or not?

So far, I ain't hearin' nuthin.

Tim

Tim, probably not on those frequencies. A couple of hints though--You will need an outside/higher antenna in that frequency range. I see that you are a ham. A base/mobile dualband 2m/440MHz antenna will help and a dedicated receiver. Mostly hear air to air refueling on 276.500 AM, Black Knight Control on 311.000 AM, Dapper Dan on 381.300 AM. Otherwise, it is pretty much quiet. Depending where you are, Dobbins Air Reserve Base. 10 years ago, it was very active.
HTH,
Larry

WK4U

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Larry.

Mil-Air stuff is new to me. Now that I have a new radio that will actually do it (396XT). Yeah got the outside antenna and all.

But I created a new group within this CAP system with the new freqs you just gave me. Thanks again.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.