• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Combinding Frequencys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it Possible to have a Frequency from One state and another on the same portable radio, so say I ran with a fire company that was in one state but I ran with another company in another state, can I combined frequencys and use just one radio?

Like the one company would be from PA (Bucks), and The Other Jersey (Mercer) Quotations are counties.

Devilz311

As long as they are in the same frequency band and the radio is compatible with either system, you can have as many frequencies as the radio can handle.

Edit: It looks like Bucks county uses a UHFII SmartZone system. Most of the FD's in Mercer county are VHF, so you wouldn't be able to use the same radio.

Last edited:
Ok, See the reason I ask Mercer and Bucks are extremely close together, but different states, so either county goes to each other for mutual aid. I surpose these companies carry seperate radios? Cause I know the Have certain Tac Channels they switch over to as well.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

Burlco uses a pager system on 154.220 to tone alert fire and ambulance. Once the vehicles are rolling, communications are on the county 500 Mhz TRS network. See the link below for Burlco scanning info. The site is designed to be readable on devices as small as a smartphone. HTH.

Last edited:

webby52

Premium Subscriber
Bucks is about to jump to 700-800 and Mercer is expected to unveil the new 500 system in the spring of 2013. We hope to be able to patch the two systems together when/if needed.

Gotcha I'am riding in burlington county, and looking to purchase a used xts 3000 possibly, just trying to figure out what would be compatiable with the narrowbands. I want one that would be usuable in bucks as well. I was looking through the channels in one of the portables off the truck tonight and noticed we had bucks county FG1 programmed, I'd like to have FG2 programmed into my radio just in case i ride over there i can take my radio with me and be on the same page as everyone!

rapidcharger

Then I would save your money until the new system is rolled out.

If it's interoperability you're after, can't those other fire departments use some VHF mutual aid channel to talk to neighboring towns like yours or use a VHF simulcast or did they get rid of all those "outdated" and "obsolete" radios?

Status
Not open for further replies.