Combining two Diamond antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers38

Premium Subscriber
I have a Diamond antenna X50C2N 146-155 & 450-465 MHZ. I also have a Diamond D130JN 25-1300 MHZ. Is there a way to combine these two antennas together to one scanner? Originally I had the D130JN which worked pretty well overall. I purchased the X50C2N to pull in some traffic further out clearly. Even though the X50C2N is not tuned for the 800 band, it pulls them in fine. There is still some low band frequencies in the 30-50 MHZ band I would like to monitor, but the dual band X50CN2 is silent on these. Just wondering if there is a practical way to combine the two?

Hit_Factor

Create a table showing what bands you want to monitor. List which antenna works best for that band. Hopefully you will find a match. You might need to add columns for each diplexer's filters to find matches.

This is why hobbyist frequently own multiple scanners/receivers.

prcguy

I would say the only benifit you might get from combining them is the VHF air band which you could do using a diplexer with a sharp cutoff between 136MHz and 144MHz. Otherwise it would be very difficult to find a diplexer that could make use of the Discone and not have both antennas active on the same frequency at the same time. The D130 is not that useful for VHF lo band, its whip is sharply tuned around 50MHz and below that performance drops off into the dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.