Combo Audio Jack Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings...

I recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad 110 laptop and am having trouble with the microphone/Headphone combo jack. I am trying to use DSDPlus & Unitrunker but nothing appears to be coming through the microphone..

The levels for the microphone are set at 100 and the microphone boost is +20.0dB. This particular laptop uses "Conexant SmartAudio HD". I purchased an audio splitter adapter at the suggestion of a friend. The adapter works but again nothing is registering with DSDPlus or Unitrunker. I was thinking I would try a USB-Audio (Mircophone/Headphone) splitter to see if that helps.

Any other tips or suggestions?

Tim

RayAir

Are you getting any signal at all to DSD?

For a laptop you'll generally need to use a 3-way splitter or you can use a USB adapter with mic in/speaker ports.

Tim

Feed Provider
It appears like its not getting sound via the scanner/audio cable, but when I tap the laptop the sound wave jumps. It seems like the microphone itself is operational, its just not receiving audio via the cable. I used this cable just a few days ago so I know the cable is good. I am guessing there is a microphone setting that needs adjusting or something.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.