Comcast Provides Internet To Duval Students

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Mayor Alvin Brown has rolled out a new public-private partnership that will help some low-income families get Internet access at home.

The program, called Internet Essentials, is a partnership between the school district and Comcast.

Families with students who get free lunch at school through the National School Lunch Program are eligible to take part.

Families can get Internet access for $9.95 a month, plus tax. They can also buy certain laptops from Comcast for $150.

If you want to apply, call Comcast at 1-855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376) or go to InternetEssentials.com.

Comcast Provides Internet To Duval Students - Education News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

If I had cable (comcast) I would drop them like flies they keep changing channels around or taking them off and raise up the rates>>>>>>

Thayne

Premium Subscriber
That is part of an agreement that comcast had to make to get the purchase of NBC approved. It is a national program but the rates can vary somewhat in different states. It will be available anywhere they have internet service for sale.

I dropped them years ago when they started throttling my torrent downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.