Comcast to buy NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

burner50

The Third Variable
I do not think hulu is going anywhere, but it will probably be pay per view in the future.

Gone for me...

Its too bad. Comcast will not allow hulu to rock the cable-profit boat. They've proven that they're one of the greediest industries on earth, short of banks and government...

So long hulu!

burner50

The Third Variable
NBC Universal owns hulu.

When crapcast buys them they will certainly obliterate anything that hulu once was.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
Comcast didnt pull versus from DirecTV (I'm a DirecTV subscriber). Comcast raised it's rates and DirecTV didnt want to pay them, so DirecTV had to drop versus from their lineup. I and many of my co-workers who have DTV are wondeing what Comcast will do with thier subscription pricing to DTV and other carriers once they own NBC and it's related cable companies. I would have thought this purchase, which would make Comcast the dominant carrier of non-OTA programming, would have to b approved by a regulatory agency???

jhooten

Comcast did not want to share its programming with a competitor.
Comcast did not want to present the appearance of being the bad guy by saying "you can't have it".
Comcast raised the price to a rate that was above "fair market value" for the product knowing the competition would have to raise rates to cover the increased rates or refused to pay them.
Comcast may not have directly pulled the programming from the competition, it did create a set of circumstances that resulted in the loss of the programming to the competition's subscribers.
Indirectly Comcast did in fact "pull" the programming from the competition.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
Thank you

Thanks for repeating what I wrote in a wordier version. Hey, thats what capitalism is all about! When others want what only you have, you can charge what you want regardless of market value. DirecTV charges me for the many channels they get for free or nearly free. It's up to me whether I want to pay for them. God bless America! Now we'll just wait for the other shoe to drop and see what Comcast does with thier new hot properties!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.