Come on aussies

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug43qld

Hi come on aussies lets get some action,I am submitting stuff for queensland, just waiting for it to be put on about 170 submitions in front of me ,lets try and get this great data base up to scratch . cheers

SCPD

QRT
Hi,
I have put up the database for the whole of Tasmania EDACS system.
What other questions do you have?

Paul

doug43qld

Gday paul i just signed up for the tassie forum ,and will have a look and chat later , was looking for a site like yours in australia cheers .

Comint

Premium Subscriber
doug43qld said:
Hi come on aussies lets get some action,I am submitting stuff for queensland, just waiting for it to be put on about 170 submitions in front of me ,lets try and get this great data base up to scratch . cheers

Noticed today that your submissions have been posted, and see you've posted some old QFRS Codes.

The Codes are spoken as 'Code 9' etc., the K is no longer used.

The correct definition for the A and C of Code 9 is:-

A = Casualty Alive
C = Casualty Deceased.

Code 12 is now 'Avoidable False Alarm'.

There are no codes between 12 and 20.

And even though it is not on the Official list. Code 50 is used to indicate that the appliance is back in the Station, or Returned to Station.

I submitted some QFRS stuff a couple of months back, and I'm still waiting for it to be posted, and I only had 160 submissions in front of me. Apart from saying that Channel 40 is the Wallangarra frequency, I can't remember what else was in my submission.

Comint

doug43qld

Thanks for that comint , You are correct there i should have rechecked my notes as they were slighty different , mostly ok . Also about the k codes i hear them both ways ,maybe older fireies just saying it as the old code habit ? I was supprised your submit is not up being before me . Think i will stick to scaning and not submitting ,i will leave it to people more up to speed than me . ok cheers .

Comint

Premium Subscriber
doug43qld said:
Think i will stick to scaning and not submitting ,i will leave it to people more up to speed than me .
No. Keep submitting. No one individual can find everything, and besides not everyone has the same scanning interest.

Ps. Havent got a trunk tracker at the moment. I hope to get back up to speed soon in that area .
If you have two scanners, one of which is controllable by a PC (such as the BC780XLT), there are software packages which will allow you to emulate a form of trunk tracking for some of the trunking protocols, such as Motorola, EDACS, and MPT1327.

There are 800 MHz Motorola systems on Mt Coottha, Wilkes Knob, and at Eagle Farm, that may be able to be received from your area - use one of the Trunker variants, or UniTrunker from this site.

There are also VHF and/or UHF MPT1327 systems on MT Coottha, Wilkes/Bald Knobs, and Ocean View - use TrunkView (www.linato.net/trunkview). You only need one scanner ( PC controllable) with this program.

Ps Comint where's Wallangarra . SW QLD ? Name rings a bell can't place it .
It is on the Qld/NSW border on the New England Highway, south of Stanthorpe. The actual repeater site is on Mt Mackenzie, which is South-West of Tenterfield.

Whether it is SE or SW Qld, depends on the circumstances. A lot of organisations, including Government departments, consider Goondoowindi and any place East to be SE Qld. However, when the Government is handing out money, SE Qld seems to start around Gatton. In this case, Wallangarra comes under Firecom South-West.

Comint

doug43qld

Gday comint Thanks for your encourgement to submit ,I will try to keep it as correct as possible . Also thanks for the infomation on sites i can receive all those sites from my location in Redcliffe . My scanners are older as i have just got back into scanning as i have time now unable to work . So i am looking at buying the uniden ubct-8 or possibly the ubcd996t ,unsure if it is worth the extra money at the moment for the extra modes .
Yes i rember where Wallangarra is now ,I was at warwick 3 months ago looking at houses i was thinking of moveing there to live .
Yep the goverment is a bit like that when it comes to paying for services in rural areas, services in the roma area are going down a bit too .
Thanks again for the advice and info ,good chatting with you .cheers
PS , I haven't visited Stanthorpe yet, probably in the next 12 months .

dumf2

Howdy, just signed up when i work this site out and get some free time i'll start posting for NSW central coast and Hunter

dr_death

G'day all I have just purchased a Uniden UBCD996T Digital Scanner and I cant find the frequencies or any GRN listings for NSW on this web site can any body help me..

cheers
dr death...

Comint

Premium Subscriber
dr_death said:
G'day all I have just purchased a Uniden UBCD996T Digital Scanner and I cant find the frequencies or any GRN listings for NSW on this web site can any body help me..

cheers
dr death...
Click on Database at the top of this Forum, and work your way down from there.

I see you are a member, and depending on how you set up your profiles, it may open on the USA page (which you can easily change from), or it may open directly into the Australia page. You then select New South Wales, and you're on your way.

Comint.

dr_death

Help

Great I found the list of frequencies, but now can any body assist me with programing my Uniden UBCD996T scanner to pick up the NSW FB and Police? I have set to Motorola Type2/P25 but not sure to set site to 800MHZ or UHF??

cheers....

Last edited:

grant

Go to:

http://scannsw.aesvn.org/

You will find instructions there (plus frequencies for the Central Coast as there are several sites due to the hilly terrain)
You need to enter 3 base offsets
It is important that they are done in frequency order otherwise it won't work

Base Freq 1 413.100 12.5 space Ch 723 Offset
Base Freq 2 415.000 12.5 space Ch 748 Offset
Base Freq 3 415.575 12.5 space Ch 380 Offset

It is simply the way it works (don't try to understand it).
Follow the instructions in scannsw and you should be successful

Grant

SCPD

QRT
The frequencies listed on the ScanNSW site may be out of date a bit on some sites, due to the current GRN upgrade, which should be finished by the end of htis year hopefully. I will then update the stuff ont he ScanNSW site.

But the base and offset setting for the gRN apply for any scanner that allows you to put in 3 base and offsets ranges, including the 996.
If you go to the Uniden Australia web site and download the 996 software there, it comes with a system file already to go for the NSW GRN. Just add your TGs which can be found on the ScanNSW site and your away, or search to your hearts content and find stuff not listed. Its up to you. Thats the fun of scanning.

Dave

ScanNSW Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.