Comet B-10NMO out performing my Tri-band Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Today I hooked up my Uniden 996T scanner to a Comet B-10NMO antenna and I was surprisingly shocked how well this little antenna performs. Currently I run either a Larsen Tri-band or a Maxscan 1000-B. The Comet was pulling in signals the Tri-band were death on. Signals were I was only getting 2 to 3 bars were coming in at 5 full bars. This little antenna packs a lot of punch. I may have to make it my primary scanner antenna on my vehicle. Does anyone else use a Comet B-10?

wise871

Database Admin
I was working the standard VHF/UHF public safety. 154 – 156 and 452 – 461. Most of the departments in this area are on 154 and 460. I also notice improved signal on other bands.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Comet B10

Wise:

I've been using the Comet B10 NMO for over a year connected to my Yaesu FT-7900. It has out-performed any single VHF/UHF antenna I have ever used. Not only that, it has an added feature that makes it great for my purposes - it doesn't hit my garage door when I enter my garage at home!!! :)

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Mike
Metrofire31
Atlanta

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Comet B10 NMO

One comment I should add to my earlier post - this might mite of an antenna is great on VHF and UHF but simply doesn't work if you're hoping it will also pull in 800 MHz signals. Try as I might, it just hasn't worked for me on any of the DTRS systems close around me. BUT - it wasn't designed to - I was just hoping that it would solve all my receiving challenges. NO SUCH LUCK.

I still highly recommend it for VHF, UHF or both.

NoCoFire

b10 NMO

Wise and Metrofire,

I also have this antenna and it seems to outperform my diamond supergainer 7500. I like its small size and it works well for sat operations as well. Entering and exiting the garage are key factors for me. I have it attached to an id-880.

NoCoFire

Status
Not open for further replies.