Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBall517

Does anybody have any experience or comments about this antenna?

I'm looking to get one for my little mobile and a trunk lip NMO mount for this. I'm just getting tired of the mag mount look.

I won't be using a lot of power but I would love if this this has great reception. I generally love the coverage on the frequencies for this antenna.

Is it worth the $60 on The Antenna Farm?

BigEd1314

Premium Subscriber
I have this antenna. I first had it fender mounted and it did ok, did about the same as 5/8 wave single band antennas on the same mount. Where i noticed a big improvement was when I put it up on the roof via a mag mount (due to it being too stiff, and I'm in a 2500 Ram 4x4 pickup) that way if I hit a branch I wouldn't open the roof. Now they have a spring option, which I need to get so I can permanent mount it.

In the mountains of Eastern KY, it works better than any antenna I've ever used both single band high gains and dual banders. I have a vhf and a uhf commercial kenwood radios, split with a duplexer to this one antenna.

I use this antenna for both Public Safety, GMRS, and Ham and with the wide band coverage, it works flawless and cuts down on the number of antennas you need. I don't remember the exact numbers but SWR was low (under 2:1) all the way from 144-162 and 440-480Mhz on my antenna when on the roof, was a little higher when fender mounted.

Ed

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I liked mine, with the exception of it hitting things, and warping the roof of my Jeep. Ge5 the version with the spring, and you will be much happier.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.