Comet DS-150S vs Antennacraft ST-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally46

Feed Provider
Which antenna do you guys think performs better? Or are they about the same? I will be using one of them for my Uniden BCD436HP and BCD536HP scanners. Thank You

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B651 Safari/9537.53)

Prob close to equivalent, and you may have to decide using factors other than receive performance. Look for reviews on eham.net

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I'd avoid the discone unless you really need the very broad bandwidth or the capability to transmit. They have no appreciable gain and there only strong point is the broad chunk of spectrum they cover. A good antenna with gain will outperform a discone in most places.

Wally46

Feed Provider
Thanks guys. Maybe I will get both. I'll use the ST2 for my scanners and the discone for 2 meter etc transmitting.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I've got and old Diamond discone I scored for free and I use it on my roof top for 2 meters. It works just fine, but if I was buying a new antenna, I'd go with something like a Diamond X50 or similar. I'm not sure what the radiation pattern is like on the discones. It works well enough for me, but I'm in a fairly small valley, so I don't need much range. You being in Iowa would make me think something with a more known radiation pattern might be a better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.